Quantcast

Employee Discount

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm SO F'ing SICK of these companies thinking they have a new way to convince people they're stuff is actually on sale......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats why I'm charging you 900% over retail on those seatpost clamps, I'll show those big 3 who's boss:thumb:
Well I'm glad I can support you're "Take Your Wife to Dinner" fund.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
I'm SO F'ing SICK of these companies thinking they have a new way to convince people they're stuff is actually on sale......
Well in the Auto Industry, it is the real deal at the moment. Very similar to an EP purchase in the bike business. Right now (and previously as an employee). You can purchase a vehicle for less then what the dealership pays. In turn the manufacturer suplements to the dealer so that they do not lose money on the sale.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Well in the Auto Industry, it is the real deal at the moment. Very similar to an EP purchase in the bike business. Right now (and previously as an employee). You can purchase a vehicle for less then what the dealership pays. In turn the manufacturer suplements to the dealer so that they do not lose money on the sale.
Yeah but now it's spread to all different industries...

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
Yeah but now it's spread to all different industries...
Yes and...

The auto industry is one of (if not the largest if you take into account all the facets) industries in the country. Of course there is going to be a trickle down.

You know there is a monkey banging your ear right? :blah:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This would be an ideal time for the car business to shed its 'smoke and mirrors' pricing structure and offer its products for their actual value. The rebate game just makes them look desperate and devalues the product in the consumers eyes. I feel for those who purchased a new 2005 car before the EP pricing, their car lost a ton of resale value as a result.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dan-o said:
This would be an ideal time for the car business to shed its 'smoke and mirrors' pricing structure and offer its products for their actual value. The rebate game just makes them look desperate and devalues the product in the consumers eyes. I feel for those who purchased a new 2005 car before the EP pricing, their car lost a ton of resale value as a result.
Man I would love to pick up a new 2005 Nissan Xterra...

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
dan-o said:
This would be an ideal time for the car business to shed its 'smoke and mirrors' pricing structure and offer its products for their actual value. The rebate game just makes them look desperate and devalues the product in the consumers eyes.
It will be interesting that is for sure. The Auto Industry tried flat pricing before and it just didnt take. I dont think it will take now either since the market is too competitive. There are already dealers cutting the even slimmer margins on the EP program to move units. Despite what the press says people want, they ALWAYS want to negotiate.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Echo said:
The most successful dealership in Rochester, and one of the top Subaru dealers in the country, has a fixed price program.

It could be the largest Subie dealer in the world and it would be insignificant :oink:

Seriously though, a number or dealerships say they are "fixed price" but in reality they are not. No sales manager in their right mind is going to let a customer walk out of the door because the dealer down the street beat his price by $25. Until there is reform from the manufacturers, dealers and customers (most importantly) it will never happen.

IMHO it will never happen, a vehicle purchase is too high $ for the average joe to NOT shop on price.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Well I'm glad I can support you're "Take Your Wife to Dinner" fund.
Yeah - all you girls that keep your nuts in the ladies lunch sack should stick together.

*sales sucks all together.

J

JRB

Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Someone has to bring in the revenue so the techie dorks can have a job
They sure make it hell on the customer service folks.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
Well she likes those expensive restaurants :blah:
My wife put in her notice today at Cyrus restaurant.

Too much stress and no food is too much for her to work a 9+ hour shift with no breaks. The money is good, but not good enough. I hate seeing my baby all stressed out.

Lemme know if you ever go there Brian, many of the guests were telling her that Cyrus totally owns French Laundry.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
dan-o said:
Someone said the same thing to me (as I bought my '05 in September of '04) but luckily I am eligible for the EP pricing anyway so I didn't loose out :thumb: Otherwise, I would be pissed right not!