Quantcast

Employment Spam

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Is anyone you know looking for a mechanical engineer? I am one of those and I am in serious need of job. I can draw things. I can machine things. I can program things. I can break stuff in a scientific manner. I can even talk to people (that's a rare skill for an engineer). I'm in the Boston area, but I'm not opposed to relocating.

This is my favorite social network. I just thought I'd reach out. Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached my resume photo.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Move to DC? My company and others in the area (if you aren't morally opposed to working for a defense contractor) seem to be the only ones that are actually growing and hiring at the moment. We have been having huge job fairs at the local universities.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Dave, another one of our mech. engineers just left a couple weeks ago, but there's no sign of us hiring anyone to fill the position. If that changes I'll let you know and see what I can do. I'll also see if any of the companies we work with are looking.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Ze DubDub, I am morally opposed. There's still a shred of industry left that isn't connected in some way to blowing up brown people. I would like to find that.

Strepthroat Dresspants, that would be seriously awesome. PMing you right away with contact info.

What's DDyke got to do with it?

Smudget, It's just to hold the interviewer's attention. If the pile of resumes is 100 deep a goofy photo will stand out. I get a lot of comments on it, so it's not being ignored. Case in point.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I am morally opposed. There's still a shred of industry left that isn't connected in some way to blowing up brown people. I would like to find that.
yeah... I sleep at night by telling myself that solving metallurgical failures in nuclear reactors doesn't directly blow up people.

The benefits are amazing though. :thumb: So if you get desperate enough....

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
If you're really willing to relocate, go to your nearest Australian consulate. You should be able to name your own price but when I say relocate I mean really relocate.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Is one of the "benefits" living in DC? 'Cause that doesn't sound so great... ;)
No way. They make sure us white folk stay in the burbs out of harms way. ;)

It would be nice to move back to UT, but there are some pretty sick DH trails only 40 mins from my house so I'm doin okay for the meantime.

mining jobs have always paid massive amounts of money... but you usually have to live in the middle of no-man's land... you can find jobs like that here in the states--you just need to move to Nevada, Utah, or Wyoming.

Last edited:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
mining jobs have always paid massive amounts of money... but you usually have to live in the middle of no-man's land... you can find jobs like that here in the states--you just need to move to Nevada, Utah, or Wyoming.
Yeah that's true mate, relocating to the deserts of Western Australia is cetainly close to the arse end of nowhere.
I haven't been to the good old USofA but Utah and Wyoming doesn't sound that bad. At least there's some decent hills, won't get that where I'm from.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
You bet your buns I do.
That's kinda weird

And I could be wrong but that might be part if your problem. I don't kn ow that hr people are supposed to look at resumes with photos along with age marital status religion etc. Lest they be accused of discrimination.

A resume should only have you work experience on it ( and MAYBE hobbies if you are right out of school)

Last edited: