Quantcast

Enchanted Flow Trail...Crestline, San Berdo Mtns.

beanpole788

Chimp
Aug 2, 2010
Lawrence here,I live in Crestline and have been working on a down hill bmx racer inspired trail.I call it a flow trail (cause it flow's) I have made great headway but my vision is not coming together quik enough...The trail is littered with rollers and jumps.I fill all the gaps so the trail can be ridden by all levels top to bottom...As of yet none of the jumps are huge but they are all large enough to accommodate the landing on the backside's...What it lack's in huge jumps,it makes up for with scary fast speeds.I personally ride 20 & 24" bmx race bikes on it,my friend rides a 4" fs xc mtn bike on it and it is just plain fun...It is smooth as heck top to bottom(no studder bumps,even on the 20")
At the moment I could not recommend making a special trip up the hill (4000 ft. ish elev.)to ride it,but if you are up this way I would put it on the 2do list...That being said I could also use some help pushing the trail further back into the wood's.Right now nothing can be done to beef up all the trail that was completed before the rains quite falling,as it just turns to dust and i can not water it.Soooo ,I have been clearing and continuing my plight to make this trail the funnest in so cal. even though all the new work wont be ride-able (ride-able on my 20" steed) until we get some rain...

Its across the street from Camp Seeley in the "Valley Of Enchantment"...You cant really see it from 138 unless you know where to look...Its up in the valley beyond the old bmx track where some gap jumps still exist...

Please dont take my shovels,please dont leave trash, and please do not ride alone! I live a couple thousand feet away and am game anytime... lhwernik@yahoo.com

Here is a low quality vid ....*Disclaimer* watching this video may cause nautia (so I have been told)
MOV02453.mp4 video by boneyass1968 - Photobucket

Last edited:

beanpole788

Chimp
Aug 2, 2010
that looks fun, how long is it and is it shuttle freindly

No need for a shuttle yet,It will be another 1500-1800ft. trail length before I could tie it into a fire road that is steep and would be balls out for the gravity guys but unfortunately I did not even have that kind of thing on my radar when I selected a spot...The way you used to get to the top of the mountain now has a home sitting next to the old road and they have sign's acting like its their rode which is b.s....I know that a company has been doing forest maintainance and driving f-450's back there and a 900 hp chipper,tracked crawler.And moving logs around with one of those 72" TALL TIRED "SKIDDER" and tearing t total heck out of the forest...

Right now the trail is about 1200 + ft. long and it is about 200ft walk from bottom to top.The trail transverses the side of the mountain and cuts back in grand fashion..I am almost to the second cutback which is gonna meet an old as heck logging path that was cut 50+ years ago...Know it runs through a mighty caifornia black oak forest section that is shaded all day...And is already been cut in. The terrain between the next level and where the trail terminates now is gonna be a knarly roller coaster through a steep section of a creek that has carved itself deep but is dry 8 months of year.I had not previously looked at the opportunities through this section until the last week or so as this current 250 ft push further back has opened my eyes and has me jacked up to get to it and start working on what will be a highlight of the trail...

From top to bottom the trail is by no means a simple single track.I carve it out wide for pleanty of breathing room and plenty of room for error as the obstacle's all transition from one to another the duration except for 1or2 spots that are flat for about 20 ft. ... Kinda like a pump track...It is so fast I am adding chicane's with rollers in the middle of entrance and exit which of course is led and followed up with smooth tranistion's to more of the same...

I am guessing it will be a 1000 ft. walk up to reach the one mile mark of the trail from the bottom...

I started this thing Christmas day 2009...

I grew up here in Crestline and moved to Atlanta when I was 18 for 22 years...Just moved back in Nov. 09'...In Georgia I raced BMX 36 over expert and maintained my local track since I got back into racing in 07 after the "Marietta Pump Track" I built got bulldozed ...I also built the "Noonday Pump Track"...I have been building tracks and jumps since I was 5 yrs. old...Now I am 41...I still have my ABA current but do not get down to perris much yet...

Finished for now...My back hurts for some reason...Over and out!

L

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
No need for a shuttle yet,It will be another 1500-1800ft. trail length before I could tie it into a fire road that is steep and would be balls out for the gravity guys but unfortunately I did not even have that kind of thing on my radar when I selected a spot...The way you used to get to the top of the mountain now has a home sitting next to the old road and they have sign's acting like its their rode which is b.s....I know that a company has been doing forest maintainance and driving f-450's back there and a 900 hp chipper,tracked crawler.And moving logs around with one of those 72" TALL TIRED "SKIDDER" and tearing t total heck out of the forest...

Right now the trail is about 1200 + ft. long and it is about 200ft walk from bottom to top.The trail transverses the side of the mountain and cuts back in grand fashion..I am almost to the second cutback which is gonna meet an old as heck logging path that was cut 50+ years ago...Know it runs through a mighty caifornia black oak forest section that is shaded all day...And is already been cut in. The terrain between the next level and where the trail terminates now is gonna be a knarly roller coaster through a steep section of a creek that has carved itself deep but is dry 8 months of year.I had not previously looked at the opportunities through this section until the last week or so as this current 250 ft push further back has opened my eyes and has me jacked up to get to it and start working on what will be a highlight of the trail...

From top to bottom the trail is by no means a simple single track.I carve it out wide for pleanty of breathing room and plenty of room for error as the obstacle's all transition from one to another the duration except for 1or2 spots that are flat for about 20 ft. ... Kinda like a pump track...It is so fast I am adding chicane's with rollers in the middle of entrance and exit which of course is led and followed up with smooth tranistion's to more of the same...

I am guessing it will be a 1000 ft. walk up to reach the one mile mark of the trail from the bottom...

I started this thing Christmas day 2009...

I grew up here in Crestline and moved to Atlanta when I was 18 for 22 years...Just moved back in Nov. 09'...In Georgia I raced BMX 36 over expert and maintained my local track since I got back into racing in 07 after the "Marietta Pump Track" I built got bulldozed ...I also built the "Noonday Pump Track"...I have been building tracks and jumps since I was 5 yrs. old...Now I am 41...I still have my ABA current but do not get down to perris much yet...

Finished for now...My back hurts for some reason...Over and out!

L

that's awesome man, i would love to be able to build something like that.

2gungho

Monkey
Sep 15, 2009
South I.E
I'm only on weekdays, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I have a 5 miles full dh trail full of stunts. PM me..

beanpole788

Chimp
Aug 2, 2010

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/boneyass1968/Flow Trail 2010/?action=view&current=FlowTrail2010_0001.mp4

^^^^That is a link to the album and some low quality video^^^^^My docking station with the fire wire port for my mini dv camera has failed so I can only transfer from tape to memory card.sorry bout quality...Yeah,lame!

A man on a mission could describe whats been going on at my little trail lately...Possessed would probably be more accurate...My back hurts along with all the muscles that are used to thrust a shovel into the earth.Every morning for the past 1.5 -2.0 months I wake up and say"I am not touching a GD shovel today"...So for some reason on lunch hour I go check out the trail "get some ideas" Next thing,I am "tidying up"...with a gd shovel!I digress...

I actually started to enjoy some fruits the other day during lunch when I spent 20 min rolling over new construction. (fruits of my labor) and finally created some solid launch pads and actually left this earth for a few moments.

I could ramble on about how I returned to work that day in the middle of a pos nasty toyota 3.0 long block job which was so much easier with the positive activities /wheightlessness behind me for the moment...

That bike totally improves the quality of my life!

I have been watching vids of trails and "flow trails" and the such lately...This "enchanted flow trail" is in all or most cases "way" more action packed ( x2 at least) Than any video I have seen...and it is the handywork of one 41 year old skinny dork...
If anyone wants to offer up some assistance on a project that is and will be the benchmark for fun in the region,I would appreciate it.Post up/speak up...

Folks,this trail is already something to be excited about as a destination...A little bit of help and stand the **** back!

Last edited:

beanpole788

Chimp
Aug 2, 2010
Yes,Beanpole from vintage

Thanks for kind word...

Tryin to find a competent hillbilly to shoot some vid with my cam so i ca edit up some top to bottom footage...Soon to come

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Crestline? Have Buick and Robby stopped by to ride the trail yet? ;)

Those vids look awesome. I do cringe a bit when I see you w/o a helmet on though.

beanpole788

Chimp
Aug 2, 2010
Crestline? Have Buick and Robby stopped by to ride the trail yet? ;)

Those vids look awesome. I do cringe a bit when I see you w/o a helmet on though.
I ran into a couple college guys that said "holy crap,a bike just moved up my list of todo's" .I did not get their names,they were on foot. And so far thats about all the visitors that have even stepped on it. No bikes other than mine on the trail in the last 4 months +-...

Still need another rain and some bikes rolling down it in a few sections to get it firmed up and smoothed off.

Just added 7 tight quick turns in a 200 ft section with elements of elevation change ,pump,and flow that will be unique to this trail.Dug in and piled up.Non stop transition from turn to roller.And going into the "twisty" section is a jump into a valley with a steep 30 ft tranny to land on which flows quickly through the bottom of the gulley up a 15ft transition to vert and into the first turn of twisty which is an over- vert pocket... Sploodge! descent,turn,descent,turn,turn,turn on descent,rollerdescent across gulley straight into and up another 2.5 g turn into over vert pocket roller on exit descending into quick turn L ,quick turn R and pump out over roller another roller down (20+ft)through the bottom of the main creek gulley perfect transition about 12 ft back up other side which is the first double with 5 ft high max and a pretty long backside, double, double ,turn-roller ,turn ,roller, table ,roller, roll- in, turn ,roll-out -step up, double 30 ft of flat,double into old fire road,double out into deep 180 deg turn dug out of side of mountain,roller out of turn,descending roller back across road,small double,land on descent big zero gravity roller (20' diameter with only a portion sticking out of the ground on a hillside)on more descent turn haulin arse roller on exit ,roller,roller,table, 22 ft gap over creek with no landing ramp at moment...None of this is single track. its all at least 3 ft wide and groomed. The section at th top of the trail is turning into med speed single track down hill that transverses its way up the side of the mountain

I usually wear a helmet.Just didnt have one that day on my lunch break.
Agreed,no helmet is sillyness...

Are oldsmobile and rob local? I work in top town on the corner at Bill's garage. When you come up from berdo into crstln you come to the stop sign I am on the corner.Tell them to stop in.

Hopefully the next rain wont get sucked up by all the foilage on the trees like the last few rains did...

Oh yeah,the over-vert pocket is a stretcher...(stretching the truth)

Do I seem bored up in these hill's? nite nite, Lawrence

Jan 3, 2014
Hey Lawrence,I'm Phillip I ride bmx and stumbled across your amazing track.the effort you put into it just turned out awesome.I was wondering where it starts at I haven't rode on it but I've hiked around it.does it start on the fire road on old mill road? Or near that house with the dirt trail that leads to a plateau of dirt?

Last edited: