Quantcast

end of democracy day

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Some could consider him a national security threat so. . .

Found a huge crack in my sprayer boom. Plating and gluing it together with electric lightning. At least it’s only 80 something outside
Only 100+ here in Texas. Just got done with the worst part outside today. Horrid place to live.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had to go to Ace in Forest Grove because my Ace doesn't carry JB Weld High Heat. WTF. I do miss that Ace,though. When I lived in Forest Grove, that Ace had everything including old retired dudes who knew EVERYTHING. There was always somebody who could help me figure out what the hell I was doing, or trying to do. My Ace doesn't have that.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I had to go to Ace in Forest Grove because my Ace doesn't carry JB Weld High Heat. WTF. I do miss that Ace,though. When I lived in Forest Grove, that Ace had everything including old retired dudes who knew EVERYTHING. There was always somebody who could help me figure out what the hell I was doing, or trying to do. My Ace doesn't have that.
My Ace is about 1/2 mile walk from the house. It's handy...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mid year review was told that I consistently perform at expected levels.

So I am assuming my juvenile and unprofessional behavior is expected and I need to step things up to exceed.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
As of today in Florida, offshore wind farms are illegal and Communism is a required school subject. And I only read the first page of twenty pages of new laws. This Desantis clown is the worst.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
could do a obama and drone the shit out of him.
Yeah, I was thinking of a predator drone with javelin missiles filled with rainbow color paint warheads, but also slamming into Mara Lago at over 1000mph.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've had a crick in my neck/upper back since yesterday morning. I'm going to be like Quasimodo if it doesn't ease soon.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Awesome. Those places are all really fun. I'd like to go back to Helsinki and spend more time there...
I’ve got a good friend in Oslo I haven’t seen in 5 years and she got married recently. I’ve got a buddy who is originally from Finland but we met in LA when we were in a band. He’s back in Helsinki for work for the year so I’ll get a local tour guide. I was there a few years ago but I’m sure there’s more to see.

Turns out Helsinki friend was planning on going to Oslo for a concert, so we’ll meet there and drive through Sweden. I’ve never been to Sweden, but I have an online friend there. We met through a bass guitar forum and decided we’d grab a meal/drink if I ever made it to Stockholm. Evidently there’s a ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki so that should be interesting.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> Evidently there’s a ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki so that should be interesting.
That's how we got from Stockholm to Helsinki - they had "dorm" berths you could rent that had 4 dudes or 4 chicas in them - my wife's roomies were 70+ yo ladies and they all had hand carts full of cases of beer they got from duty free. Apparently that's a thing over there to get cheap booze. :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That's how we got from Stockholm to Helsinki - they had "dorm" berths you could rent that had 4 dudes or 4 chicas in them - my wife's roomies were 70+ yo ladies and they all had hand carts full of cases of beer they got from duty free. Apparently that's a thing over there to get cheap booze. :rofl:
Based on my previous trip to Helsinki I don’t doubt this at all. I’m expecting to observe plenty of derelict shenanigans. I’ll bring popcorn.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When did I become the "find a card" guy? First it was thank you cards, now a card for a widow of a post member. Maybe it's a FNG task? No idea, but I'm no good at it, just ask my wife. :rofl: