Quantcast

End of my first "cycle" of trainer classes

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by eric strt6
now just keep it up and don't slack off .:D
I signed up for 6 more classes. That will take me into the second race of the spring. I also got a trainer for christmas and i'm starting to do spinning at home.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good job, Tony! Keep it up! :thumb:

Spinning last night was a killer. I had an instructor that I hadn't had before. She was INSANE! Such a horribly wonderful workout though. I could not keep up her pace.

The class was full. MBC couldn't join the class because I got the last pass. I would have let her take the class, and I could have run on a treadmill, but all I had was my bike shoes. :( Since she had running shoes, she gave up the spinning pass.

Sorry, babe. :(

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by eric strt6
and I assume you have a HRM
Santa got me a Cycleops Fluid trainer. This thing is tough and "smart." No switches I don’t know how it works but it graduates as your workout increases.
I have HRM/cyclometer but it's on my mtb and only works off the front wheel. If I can pick up some extra cash I’m going to get a wrist watch hrm that I can use anywhere's.
(ps that's last years model, mines a 02 and a little different)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Good job, Tony! Keep it up! :thumb:

Spinning last night was a killer. I had an instructor that I hadn't had before. She was INSANE! Such a horribly wonderful workout though. I could not keep up her pace.

The class was full. MBC couldn't join the class because I got the last pass. I would have let her take the class, and I could have run on a treadmill, but all I had was my bike shoes. :( Since she had running shoes, she gave up the spinning pass.

Sorry, babe. :(
that's so sweet. she’s starting to ruin her reputation:rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by The Toninator
IRB and MBC. What is your class like? Are y'all on real bikes or spinners? What do you do?
They are spinning bikes (Schwinns).

The room is kind of small, and there are 12 bikes in rows of four (with one instructor bike up front, facing the others). The room is dark, and lighted by blacklights. We start with about five minutes of warming up, followed by some light upper body stretching while we pedal. After that, we go into the real "spinning" part of the class. There is a tension knob on the bike. We start with light to no tension, and increase/decrease the tension when the instructor tells us to (kind of like shifting on an MTB). The real training comes from changing cadence and tension, as well as alternating between sitting and standing positions. It's all based on whatever the instructor tells us to do, and so far no two classes have been the same. Last night was the hardest yet because the instructor went hard and fast for pretty much the entire 45 minutes.

SandraR

Chimp
Nov 16, 2001
Houston, TX, Planet Earth
Congratulations, Tony!!!! You'll see the benefit of these classes in a few weeks at the race at Rocky Hill. In the meantime, keep coming back for more. Also, did you hear Joe say he was going to work acceleration intervals into our classes? If your legs aren't toast now, they will be............:help: