Quantcast

End of the season ride at Stewart

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Before the gun-wielding locals embark upon Stewart (it closes to us the 1st of Oct.), it's time for one last singletrack hurrah. Everyone is invited on SEPTEMBER 30 (we'll do it on Sun. if it rains). We'll follow it up with some food and beer and call it a season. Who's in?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Yeah because at the slight mention of camping Rob's gold laced diamond encrusted panties got all bunched up. We never even thought to mention it again.
God forbid some of us prefer a roof over our head as opposed to a hunk of nylon and a nice mattress under us as opposed to a blowup doll with a sleeping bag over it. :rolleyes:

And those panties cost me a pretty penny, thank you very much.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Look what you've done! You've got the Emu all riled up now, Stosh ;)

I would probably go as far as a cabin, as long as it had indoor plumbing. When we went to Kingdom, the best thing was the hot tub and a nice firm mattress :biggrin:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Yeah, smelling 30 other people was something I did for 3 years in a dorm. I'm done with that. I like my own room with a nice warm bed, it's own private shower, and quiet.
i'll have one order of crabby patties please!

It we go sunday I can most assuredly join!

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
I would have loved to ride Stewart today, but I'm resting for tomorrows Campmor H2H race at Hidden Valley, NJ. I didn't know it closes for hunting. I do hope to ride with you folks sometime.

Could you give me a link to the Kingdom Trails lodging info. I've heard so much about it, that I want to get some ideas for next summer.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I would have loved to ride Stewart today, but I'm resting for tomorrows Campmor H2H race at Hidden Valley, NJ. I didn't know it closes for hunting. I do hope to ride with you folks sometime.

Could you give me a link to the Kingdom Trails lodging info. I've heard so much about it, that I want to get some ideas for next summer.
How about joining us for our end of the season ride next Sat? It's a great place. We were there yesterday and no hunters are around (that we saw) yet. Leaves are gorgeous!

Kingdom Trails has lots of houses for rental, B&Bs etc. If you check out kingdomtrails.com (just a guess) I know they had a lodging link. Also, East Burke's website has one too. We stayed at the Village Inn and would highly recommend it. Just one suggestion: book early!

And let me know if you'd like to ride!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

From the KT site: http://www.kingdomtrails.org/pages/links/index.htm

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How about joining us for our end of the season ride next Sat? It's a great place. We were there yesterday and no hunters are around (that we saw) yet. Leaves are gorgeous!

Kingdom Trails has lots of houses for rental, B&Bs etc. If you check out kingdomtrails.com (just a guess) I know they had a lodging link. Also, East Burke's website has one too. We stayed at the Village Inn and would highly recommend it. Just one suggestion: book early!

And let me know if you'd like to ride!

Did you ride Sat and SUn?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Did you ride Sat and SUn?
We went out later on Sat. (mid afternoon). It totally rocked! The place looks great in the Fall. The trails are fast and there were no hunters to be found.

Really looking forward to this weekend!

We gotta get some more people....

If anyone's reading this and are curious, PM me. It's a fun place, we're not super hardcore riders and Stosh isn't that scary of a guy :biggrin:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
By the way, I spoke with Beth and we're doing a post ride BBQ at my house.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
looking forward to the weekend.. I believe I am coming with one or possibly two people. Stosh.. please email me directions to hooples3 address