Quantcast

>>>Ending derp<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
it was supposed to cool off last night, nope its 71* at 0330 :bonk: and its going to be another day in the 100s Eff me nao

Ruth is riding her first Grand Prix test on Wyleigh early this morning. This may be the first time in a while that she finishes last in a class as the other riders and their horses are of quality and are veterans of this level but we shall see.

I have no motivation to go to work today but I'm going anyways , kill me nao

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thankfully supposed to be cooler today, the fan and cricket chirping noises lead to a crappy nights sleep last night and meant no dawn patrol ride this morning.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Currently 70* at 5:50am. Supposedly only going to hit 90* today. Meetings all morning. Coolant overflowed again yesterday after I got Haley, so I'm thinking that there is an air bubble in the system. I get to drive Wifey's car today after putting mine into the garage while letting it cool down to see what my issue is. The more work I do on the Subaru, even if it's cheap, easy work, the more shit I get about having not sold it and just bought the All-road/Polestar, even if it would leave us with a $500-700 monthly payment. I kinda can't wait until she gets her promotion to VP (real VP position, not bank VP) and the raise that comes along with it. No questions about her getting a new car (I'm pushing for the Volvo XC90 hybrid) and we might realistically be able to say 'fuck it' to the Forester and buy a used Polestar or All-road for me. And I still get to double down on savings.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working at Highlands Ranch today so I have to get my ass on the road fairly soon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hello all. Working at Highlands Ranch today so I have to get my ass on the road fairly soon.
i miss the pudge brothers pizza that was in highlands ranch for some reason....are they even still around...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got up at the butt crack and successfully rode my bike. not as far as I would have liked, but fuck it was cold and I'm still learning how to manage time and distance when rides aren't open ended.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
got up at the butt crack and successfully rode my bike. not as far as I would have liked, but fuck it was cold and I'm still learning how to manage time and distance when rides aren't open ended.
it's an important skill, i'm in the same boat. i've recently started riding the trails closest to my house again, ~7 minute drive. they're not the best, but i did discover a section previously unknown to me which makes it worth while. i can get a 45-60 minute ride in no problem, with options to cut out and bail should the need arise.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i remember as a kid in virginia two woodpeckers tag teaming the fucking telephone pole in the cul de sac at the bottom of our hill....

fucking racket...
a pileated has taken up residency in my area. i see him in the evenings, he treats some old rotting stumps as a buffet. cool to watch.

1624022273969.png

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it's an important skill, i'm in the same boat. i've recently started riding the trails closest to my house again, ~7 minute drive. they're not the best, but i did discover a section previously unknown to me which makes it worth while. i can get a 45-60 minute ride in no problem, with options to cut out and bail should the need arise.
this
I could have gotten another 20 minutes in, but wasn't sure if I could have made it work. Plus, getting up and rolling out can be a challenge. I had to loop back to the house to get a coat which cost some time.

Also, the fuggin kid was up when I got home...so much for slipping out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Canine and feline alarm clocks awakened me far earlier than planned; they demanded attention.

Now sitting on the couch under a pile of golden retriever, whose need for attention dwarfs that of any living creature.

20210618_063755_capture_copy_572x270.jpg

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fucking noisy-ass birds. :disgust:
yeah. bastards. they've been waking me up at the buttcrack o' dawn for the past few weeks. nothing a pillow over the head can't fix, but goddam.

It's my kids last day of "school" today. it's rainy, cool, and humid.

Unlike yesterday, when it was sunny and warm. We managed to make the most of it, and I got out for a ride with my older boy
1624027289034.png

before joining my wife and other boy who were hanging out at the beach while we rode:
1624027355996.png

It was an unexpected outing, but everyone was really happy they went. score.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
speaking of, I had claimed the perfect stall this morning, then some jerk came in and sat next to me. There are six stalls, two on one side and one on the other, and only one in the row of four was occupied...but he chose to sit next to me. sheesh

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
speaking of, I had claimed the perfect stall this morning, then some jerk came in and sat next to me. There are six stalls, two on one side and one on the other, and only one in the row of four was occupied...but he chose to sit next to me. sheesh
Thats when you....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's kill list shit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A red headed woodpecker dropped by a couple weeks ago to show off his new lady friend. I was quite relieved to know he would not be pecking the crap out of the side of the house this Spring.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
While the rest of the country was dealing with a heat wave I was trying to stay warm on a three day backpacking trip to Grayson Highlands in VA. Was really glad I had a puffy jacket and a fleece sweater. The last day started with a hike up to 5000 ft over very rough terrain. I hiked in a fleece jacket and didn't break a sweat for the whole 7 hours. Didn't sleep much at all due to high winds the first night then obnoxious drunk neighbors the second night. Had a bout of constipation on the trail followed by two days of diarrhea at home. After 15 months of cooking almost all of my meals and not eating out I discovered that I cannot tolerate some processed foods.

Other than that it was a fine trip and would definitely go again. Type two fun all the way.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Update:
Woot. Ruth and Wyleigh just completed their first Grand Prix competition ride at MEC this morning. error on the twos but she still scored a 61.630. This is the second horse that she has trained from Training to Grand Prix (PEC Womanizer was the first).

It also means she will be in a good mood when I show up tonight vs the PMS type mode she has been in for the last week stressing over this competition.