Quantcast

Endless Bike Co. Presents Mountain Sports Festival

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Endless Bike Co. and the city of Asheville, NC will be presenting the third annual “Mountain Sports Festival” mountain bike street contest this May 8th.

“Urban Decay” will build on the success of the previous two years’ contests by upping the ante to what is likely the highest concentration of real street riding in a mountain bike contest ever.

‘02’s “Double Down” event featured a duel slalom race followed by a three stage street event which included box jumps, a wrecked car, and a large downhill stair gap zone. NC locals Joe Haley, Chris Herndon, Joe Moore, and Marshall Hance took podium.

‘03’s “Urban Sprawl” event began with a timed run on a constructed street course. The street results seeded the entrants for a tech street-slalom event. The winner of last years Pro class was Aaron Chase who went away with several hundred dollars while the first place amateur Zak Amaral won a brand new Endless Lifetime frame.

This year’s judged event will be a 4 minute solo run from top to bottom on what is guaranteed to be the sickest street course ever witnessed in the history of Mountain Bike street contests (which date back to ‘02’s Double Down contest). Features will include huge wall rides (some curved), multiple big stair gaps, picnic tables, scattered kicker ramps, several unique street offerings as well as the standard array of quarter and spine ramps.

This years event will offer cash prizes for the Pro/Expert class as well as an Endless Bike Co. Lifetime frame for the winner of the amateur class and various other product for other ranking entrants.

50 riders total will be allowed to enter, all on a first come first serve basis.
The entry form and all pertinent information is located at http://www.endlessbikes.com/urban_decay_reg.doc

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
every year i hear this question. no you cannot ride the course unless you are registered. sorry but there are two very solid reasons. 1. insurance, sorry that is my least favorite one. 2. the practice format isnt really going to allow it. registration day of is 20 bones. spit it out and you get free beer at the party and get to compete. i mean who is gonna bitch about that. also while im here we have alot of pros coming. for those of you that care about this kind of stuff......aaron, kyle, jeff, anson, evil guys, sinister, kirt, maybe some o' the boys from colorado and from the north west, maybe even a few cannnuuuckss. eh. how you like that. anyway this is a call for help for local monkeys too. call me to help us move ramps on thursday night and help with set up friday morning.....if you are in town you know my digits or how to get'm so later all.

ChristianB

Chimp
Jan 27, 2003
BC and USA
Match videozine

Hey! I'm the guy that shot (and helped to edit) the comp last year for Match Videozine. I'm planning on coming down again this year. But I'm kind of broke and do not wish to be subjected to a DH Productions crew beatdowns/expensive hotels/drama. So yeah, I need a place to stay. [the further away from drunk Lenosky the better ;) ] Can anybody in the area hook me and a couple of street riders up with a couch or something?

Come on, hook a brother up. Match Videozine makes negative $ and it's the end of the semester and I'm broke.

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
get ahold of the boys at endless the basement has mad space, but in exchange we will need help with break down and setup of ramps. keep in mind beer will be involved. and this time avoid the mud, not lenosky

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by ChristianB
Match videozine

Hey! I'm the guy that shot (and helped to edit) the comp last year for Match Videozine. I'm planning on coming down again this year. But I'm kind of broke and do not wish to be subjected to a DH Productions crew beatdowns/expensive hotels/drama. So yeah, I need a place to stay. [the further away from drunk Lenosky the better ;) ] Can anybody in the area hook me and a couple of street riders up with a couch or something?

Come on, hook a brother up. Match Videozine makes negative $ and it's the end of the semester and I'm broke.
yall are more than welcome to crash at my place i live in black mountain about 15 minutes outside of town. also about 5 minutes from some killer dirt jumps.drop me a pm as to how many and if you are interested

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by ChristianB
Match videozine

If you've got something to sleep on, we've got insane floor space and are located downtown west asheville, just 2 miles from the event.
I may try to get ahold of some more couches by the event to accomodate out of towners.
Regardless, don't worry about a place to stay.

828-231-3173

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I wish I could make it this year, but I am busy recovering from this surgery so no $$ to spend on travel. I want someone to take some shots for me to look at though. I really wish I could make it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by NoRoadtrippin
what time is the comp going down at? you should totally have it later in the day so us bike shop employees can make it up after work....

RESPECT
it will be going on all day. why are yall even open? yall should be settin up a both at the festival and chillin

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
okay ya'll this is ben not marshall, here is the scoop. here is the coolest ****. if you compete in your packet...from the city of asheville....are free beer coupons for beer at the festival, before after, or DURING the contest. no reason not to compete ya'll. none of this bull**** im coming to watch not ride, you come you ride. much respect to the cit of asheville for all they have done. they kick ass.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
course set up all day (need people to help!) and a street ride that evening i think.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
cant wait! Although i am bummed i probably wont be able to get into the after party:(
see you all thurrr, ill be riding on a black imperial

ChristianB

Chimp
Jan 27, 2003
BC and USA
Thanks for all the offers for places to stay!
Sounds like I'll be crashing in the endless basement with a bunch of stinky riders.
I hope the weather is gonna be good.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Originally posted by Cancer Dragon
I can't wait! what other :monkey: 's are going?
dude didn't think you were going?><? I can't wait because me and ThoughtfulPirate are coming up. Will be sweet, as long as the rain doesn't come down like it did last year, although it was the coolest event I attended.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by Curiouscaptian01
dude didn't think you were going?><? I can't wait because me and ThoughtfulPirate are coming up. Will be sweet, as long as the rain doesn't come down like it did last year, although it was the coolest event I attended.
dude they dont have soccer at the mountain sports festival so you might not wanna come to it.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Originally posted by biggins
dude they dont have soccer at the mountain sports festival so you might not wanna come to it.
haha, I can't wait, cause me and T-Pirate are coming but we still have school until 2:30 Friday afternoon.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by Cancer Dragon
ben fvck you
naw man thats cool. you know im just givin you a hard time. ar eyou comin up or what?

i have seen and it will be bad ass!staying with the element of surprise i will not divulge any info about the course but it will be awesome! see yall friday/saturday

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Originally posted by biggins
naw man thats cool. you know im just givin you a hard time. ar eyou comin up or what?

i have seen and it will be bad ass!staying with the element of surprise i will not divulge any info about the course but it will be awesome! see yall friday/saturday
Still don't know, but I don't think so. We'd have to lose (soccer) tonight, which is unlikely but you never know. I know i spend so much time on it, but at least we're pretty good (15th in the nation)

I guess I'll have to add it to the list of cool **** that i've missed becuase of soccer. (your dj's, last years urban sprawl, lots of shuttling, Peewee's, planet zod, charlotte race last year)

Fock that list is waaay too long. Only one more week

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
go to www.hcor.net and the go to photo galleries you will find a lot of local boys terrin it up and some pros doin some sick stuff have fun lookin but i got to be there. and the riders were right in my face. you even get to see me in some of the pics with me and some of my cronies. and biggins sorry about the wrist thats got to suck. hope it gets better so you can go ridin soon.:D :dancing:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by me89
go to www.hcor.net and the go to photo galleries you will find a lot of local boys terrin it up and some pros doin some sick stuff have fun lookin but i got to be there. and the riders were right in my face. you even get to see me in some of the pics with me and some of my cronies. and biggins sorry about the wrist thats got to suck. hope it gets better so you can go ridin soon.:D :dancing:
who are you? thanks for your well wishes by the way. got in with dr. gordon groh at blue ridge bone and joint and he is fixin me up. he specializes in athletic in juries of the hand, elbow and shoulder so i guess i got the right one. his assistant is a roadie who also rides mtb. he raced the endurance race at alexander that weekend and will be racing the 24 hrs of pisgah as well.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
who are you?

im a friend of vinces and lennies erics the name and i was at urban decay the day you came and showed everyone the pics of your wrist. the day after you got outa the docs office. didnt meen to make you a little weirded out.:D

lol i just fixed it today on the 30 lol
:rolleyes:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
who are you?

im a friend of vinces and lennies erics the name and i was at urban decay the day you came and showed everyone the pics of your elbow. the day after you got outa the docs office. didnt meen to make you a little weirded out.:D

oh no big deal just wondering who you are, no worries. that was actualy the day i got out. got out at 12:30 pm went directly to the comp. went in friday night at about 7:30 pm. i dont remember much of that day.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
dude just went to ur dirt jumps yesterday to do some good jumping and there were notices all over the skinies. dude they are thretning to take them down if not moved by july 1st just thought you needed to know if you already didnt. sry dude maybee we can get a lot of riders that know about it to go up there and ride so that they cant bulldoze everything so that we can keep it. :angry: :sneaky: :nuts:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude just went to ur dirt jumps yesterday to do some good jumping and there were notices all over the skinies. dude they are thretning to take them down if not moved by july 1st just thought you needed to know if you already didnt. sry dude maybee we can get a lot of riders that know about it to go up there and ride so that they cant bulldoze everything so that we can keep it. :angry: :sneaky: :nuts:
oh well i guess thats the way it goes