Quantcast

Enduro bike parts...

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
BurlyShirley said:
www.enduroforkseals.com

...are these guys legit? I could get new BB bearings and frame bearings from these guys...anyone worked with them in the past?
Yes. I've run their seals on a Fox Vanilla. Once the seals go on my new fork I'll get a set for it too. The Enduro seals are awesome.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i have a set on my boxxer, but decided that the monster T is more fun and better performing as a fork, so my boxxer's not getting much use. can't really say how they perform.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dont really care about the fork seals, thats just the name of the website, I mean Bearings and stuff....

I just wanted to know if theyre a good company to work with. Sounds like it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I just had my Psylo's seals replaced with Enduro's seals. The whole fork feels tighter. I'll let you know how things go in the longer term...........

Oooh - I notice they have rear bearing kits for an NRS. For $50 I'm not sure I could go wrong. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
I dont really care about the fork seals, thats just the name of the website, I mean Bearings and stuff....

I just wanted to know if theyre a good company to work with. Sounds like it.
well the 1st set of seals last year didn't last all that long in my fork, so i emailed the guy and he said they'd changed the inner seal design, sent me a new inner seal set for the ones i'd not used yet and a replacement set for the ones which died quickly.

so yeah, i'd say good customer service.

J

JRB

I thought you had a really good local bike shop. :D

Are the seals giving you grief on the Z150??? They can't have more than 150 - 200 miles on them by now. I didn't put more than 40 or 50 on them.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
I thought you had a really good local bike shop. :D

Are the seals giving you grief on the Z150??? They can't have more than 150 - 200 miles on them by now. I didn't put more than 40 or 50 on them.
No. Read the thread, tard:rofl:

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
No. Read the thread, tard:rofl:
Crap - I am sure you edited that. :D

I don't think you can go wrong, but you can also not go wrong by going to the bearing shop. Make sure you have good presses and pullers before you start.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Crap - I am sure you edited that. :D

I don't think you can go wrong, but you can also not go wrong by going to the bearing shop. Make sure you have good presses and pullers before you start.
I have a hammer, flathead screwdrive and some vicegrips

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I don't know about bearings and whatnot but their seals are good. Plus their website has step by step pictorial instructions for how to take apart forks and replace seals. Some of their instruction sets are better than the manufacturers service guides. Definitely thumbs up.

I'd imagine they are some pretty knowledgeable folks and could help you out if you get in a bind.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I have a hammer, flathead screwdrive and some vicegrips
Use sockets and a c clamp if you can to press bearings in. Make sure things are well braced as you pound the old ones out. Santa Cruz have a tendency to break, you know?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Use sockets and a c clamp if you can to press bearings in. Make sure things are well braced as you pound the old ones out. Santa Cruz have a tendency to break, you know?
The bullits bearings are held in place by pinch bolts...it shouldntbe that much of an issue. I planned on using the C clamp and sockets to get them in there. Shouldnt be too hard.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
The bullits bearings are held in place by pinch bolts...it shouldntbe that much of an issue. I planned on using the C clamp and sockets to get them in there. Shouldnt be too hard.
Nope - it won't be hard at all. Just mentioning caution. It would suck to trash the frame.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Their prices on bearings (blur at least) are cheaper than what SC wants for them. And their seals are nice. Just make shock bushings and its one stop rebuild shopping.

I do know w/ the vpp bikes you kind of needed the special press to get them in there properly and a bit of loctite around the outside of the bearing to keep it in there. It sounded strange, but we had a customer come back after 1 ride w/a shadetree install as they worked loose.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
i have a set on my boxxer, but decided that the monster T is more fun and better performing as a fork, so my boxxer's not getting much use. can't really say how they perform.
Narlus are you running a monster? I used to have an 01' and it was my favorite fork out there...Just bought a used one for $150! Arrived at my place today, i couldnt say no...

I think they are one of th classic best forks out there, the weight never bothered me...