Quantcast

Enduro Seals

Are Enduro Seals an Improvement over stock Marzocchi seals?

• Total voters

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
How do they compare to stock marzocchi seals? I saw threads from 2004 saying the are really hard to install and some said they didn't work very well.

Have they improved?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
The first set I installed were bad and cracked RIGHT after I installed them. I had to remove then and install another set a day later.

Even though the first set were crap, the second set hasn't provided me any issues.

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
I've raced with enduro seals for two years in a boxxer. I never had a seal leak! And installing them is easy, I used a large socket to press mine in.
Call Chris at Enduro.

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
amydalayna said:
The first set I installed were bad and cracked RIGHT after I installed them. I had to remove then and install another set a day later.

Even though the first set were crap, the second set hasn't provided me any issues.
Did you get them from Enduro, I know they had a retailer selling very old stock awhile back.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
foesjunky said:
Did you get them from Enduro, I know they had a retailer selling very old stock awhile back.
no, i didn't get them through Enduro... and that's what I heard when I complained (that they came from someone selling an old stock)

Just a bummer to have to change the seals twice in 1 week.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
foesjunky said:
I've raced with enduro seals for two years in a boxxer. I never had a seal leak! And installing them is easy, I used a large socket to press mine in.
Call Chris at Enduro.
And that has what to do with this thread?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jm_ said:
And that has what to do with this thread?
:rolleyes:

Uh, testimonial to them providing a good level of functionality? It's the same materials, same design process, and likely the same tolerances.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
Has anyone used them in a Shiver DC?
I was thinking about giving them a try, but dont want to lose the uber-plushness and make them Manipoo like!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
binary visions said:
:rolleyes:

Uh, testimonial to them providing a good level of functionality? It's the same materials, same design process, and likely the same tolerances.
Well, boxxer seals have been notorious for leaking. Marzocchi seals have a reputation of standing up to a lot of abuse and doing a good job. The original poster doesn't want to know how a boxxer holds up with different seals. Perhaps the title or original post was confusing to you?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I wanted to know specifically for a marzocchi because I may get them instead of marzocchi seals.

Although it was a boxxer, hearing about another good experience, could help my decision to buy them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jm_ said:
Well, boxxer seals have been notorious for leaking. Marzocchi seals have a reputation of standing up to a lot of abuse and doing a good job. The original poster doesn't want to know how a boxxer holds up with different seals. Perhaps the title or original post was confusing to you?
No, I think I understood the title and the original post just fine. Maybe this was confusing to you?

I saw threads from 2004 saying the are really hard to install and some said they didn't work very well.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Its hard to improve on Marzocchi seals and wipers in my experience. Enduro seals may or may not be better but realy, when has anyone complained about Zocchi seals?

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
mtnbrider said:
If I were to replace the seals, I was wondering if Enduros would be better.
The maz. seals are good seals. You might be able to get the enduro seals abit cheaper. You can't go wrong with either set of seals.:)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:

I should point out that the Enduro people mentioned that that batch of seals were bad, and he did replace them for free...

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The marzocchi seals are made by a highend seal company called NOK. I believe the same guys make seals for avalanche products.

I think you'll be hard pressed to top them, but i'd happily consider the enduros as a cheaper solution to the genuine seals - they do seem to work pretty sweet too.