Quantcast

enduro shocks

I bought an 03 enduro frame and I want to rplace the shock.

What size Romic's will fit in there? I have a line on one with 8" i2i, stock is 7.625. I have a propedal vaanilla that I have blown for the 2nd time off my 01, same size. Think Push would fix it?

What other recommendations are there? I'm thinking 5th gravity air shock too.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Send it to Push. You can fit a Romic in there (not sure which size) but it can only be run in the steep headangle/high BB setting, which sucks.

I'd avoid the 5air gravity shock. IMO its way too much platform and hurts the small bump plushness more than necessary (experience based on punkassean's '05 Enduro)

Another option would be a Vanilla R and sending it to PUSH ind.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
i ran a 7.5x2 vanilla rc for a short time on my enduro, it just barely fit (resivior comes really close to the frame) but it does work. i definitely wouldnt go longer than 7.875.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
get the Fox DHX air it is the best shock out there, you will not regret getting it

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
zmtber said:
get the Fox DHX air it is the best shock out there, you will not regret getting it
It won't fit an '03 Enduro:rolleyes: Please know a little about something before opening your mouth, we'd all appreciate it.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
the swinger air 3way or the 5th ele air is not bad if you want to save weight or try a romic or swinger 3 way coil if you want coil. a 7.875 or a 7.5 will fit. if using the 7.875 you should run it in the slackest lower bb height setting the longer stroke and i2i will raise the bb and give you around 6" of travel and it will be like running it in the steeper setting. If you are using a taller fork like an 05' fox rlc 130 or a marzocchi 130mm fork it will offset the steeper ha. a 7.5 i2i will have to be run in the steep higher bb setting but will give a lower bb height and slightly less travel than the stock 7.625 shock. the settings will be right inbetween the steep and slack ha's

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
btw i am currently running the 5th air on my 03' s-works enduro 7.875 i2i with a fox 05 rlc 130 and i love it. I also had a 03 enduro comp w/ a coil vanillia r and an 03 z1 which was also a nice setup but weighted almost 7lbs more

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
If you're still looking I have a Romic that was sized specifically for the Enduro (03 comp but most are they same around that year anyway). I bought what I was told was the right size but it hit the frame. Sent it to Romic and they sized and serviced it. Never had a problem with it, awesome shock. I won't be using that frame anymore so its up for sale.
PM me if you're interested.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah you guys are right in that case all tha stuff previosly stated would work fine just get some ride time on them.....(didn't see the year of the bike sory)