Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Deyv
Hey Guys,

How do you take your endurolyte pills?

swollow the pill?
open and put in mouth?
mix in water (receipe?)

Thanks
For me it depends on the weather and lenght of activity. For a marathon I will usually take only 2 - always with water since I am getting fluids every 2 miles or so. Under a 4 hour effort.

For an easy 50K in normal weather I skip the tablets and munch on pretzils - about 2 oz per hour. About 5 hour effort.

For a difficult 50K in hot weather I will take 2 tables every hour and drink about 25oz of liquid as well.

These tablets are a great idea - I am always amazed by how much salt the body gives up during perspiration. Salt granuals collect about your temples and scalp but the majority collects in your clothing.

I did a 50K run in 80 to 85 temps in Ashland OR in 2002 - I drank nearly 200oz of liquid during the race and ate at least a dozen electrolyte caplets.

What sort of activity were you planning on needing electrolyte tablets for?

EDIT: DOH! I just swallow the pill and wash it down.

GU20 is an excellent product with high salt content that I use whenever I am packing water. Some runs only have 1 aid station at 25K so packing 80oz of water is normal - GU20 works well in those situaltions.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Deyv
Hey Guys,

How do you take your endurolyte pills?

swollow the pill?
open and put in mouth?
mix in water (receipe?)

Thanks
Hey deyv if this is about those cramps of yours i'm using something called ultimareplenisher i think. I got it from the stand at sea otter i've been using all this year. It is suposed to be just a hydrator no sugar it has about a million electrolyte and stuff in it.
I use it almost every ride and never get cramps but i just used water yesterday and had some nasty cramps in my calves so it works. If you interrested i can send you some more info.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by JMAC
Hey deyv if this is about those cramps of yours i'm using something called ultimareplenisher i think. I got it from the stand at sea otter i've been using all this year. It is suposed to be just a hydrator no sugar it has about a million electrolyte and stuff in it.
I use it almost every ride and never get cramps but i just used water yesterday and had some nasty cramps in my calves so it works. If you interrested i can send you some more info.
Thanks Jmac, I asume they are the same thing as endurolyte.

Thanks SM, it just to prevent cramps for regular riding. Those are some mighty pills to swallow, I hope one won't get stuck! hehe

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
update:

I used the endurolyte on my Idaho trip and it worked fine. The climbs were long and steep and I was trying to keep up with a expert racer and I did not cramp.

So far so goood.

(Ps endurolyte is not alone in the equasion, Strenching, Hydratation, Less beer, less cafe)

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
I usually just take the caps with water while riding, but I have in the past tried mixing them in a camel back during a race so I wouldnt have to try and get the caps out of my back pocket and take them. This works but it tastes horrible and it doesnt mix all that great, other words you may get big lumps of the powder with some drinks.. :dead: