Quantcast

Energy Bars

used to use Energy bars/protein bars but no longer. I've yet to find one to suit me. I don't want the carbs and fat so energy bars are out. I don't want the protein bars again because I don't want the fat and cholesterol. I stick to straight Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey protein powder. For energy I sleep and eat clean. Protein has to be added to keep my protein high enough without adding the extra carbs or fat from foods from food.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Luna Bars.
Lemon Zest.

Awesome.

I haven't eaton one in about a year though...

Clif anything is good, I think. But I just tried a Clif Shot today (Raspberry), and I will admit that was about the foulest thing I have ever had in my mouth.........

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Lemon Zest Lunas are awesome. I know a lot of guys that eat them. Cliff bars are my favorite.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
firestorm said:
Kanter you WOMAN!!!! hahaha

So, you like em and you know it. :) Its time to admit it.

Im going to hide my Luna bars right now so you dont steal them. The Lemon Zest are mine... all mine. ;)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:
I don't see why a food should be restricted to a certain sex.

that's silly.

Marketing, baby, marketing. I believe Hungry Man and Manwich started the trend long ago.

Let's make this bar with a pretty wrapper and cute inspirational quotes on the back and say that it's nutrition for women. Then lets make this other bar with a HUUUUUUGE muscly arm on the side and say its for buff dudes who want to be buffer.

Kind of like deodorant for men and women, shampoo for men and women, tooth brushes for men and women. If anything should be androgynous, it should be food.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Kanter said:
So, you like em and you know it. :) Its time to admit it.

Im going to hide my Luna bars right now so you dont steal them. The Lemon Zest are mine... all mine. ;)
I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity to say that I also like luna bars. I've yet to try lemon zest, so methinks stopping by the store on the way home might be a good idea.

Just don't tell my non-efriends that I like girl food

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Lemon zest luna bars are really tasty. I like clif bars, they tend to go down easy. Trek brand "Peak" bars are very similar to clif and are okay too. My favorite all time energy bar would have to be the Big Sur bar that Sunny put in my secret santa gift box. Oh man was that good! They are a bit pricey at I think $2.25 a piece, but that was one delicious "bar."

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I too like Luna Bars...lemon zest and key lime pie :drool: We tend to eat Clif bars because they go down easy. I was especially spoiled when the LBS would get in the half size samples, he would save me a bunch of them...they're the perfect size to eat (for me). Too bad he closed up shop :(

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:
Tried a new one today....

Clif Nectar.

Just a bunch of fruit, some apple juice, and nuts. Nothing else. Pretty dmn tasty.

dried fruit. how were they fiberwise? Sounds like a gut bomb for me on the trail.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
luvz2ridez said:
My hubby enjoys the Clif Toffee one that has a little caffeine in it for a pick my up.

Ive seen that bar but never tried it. Ill have to give it a try. Any idea on how much cafffeine is in a single bar?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MudGrrl said:
Tried a new one today....

Clif Nectar.

Just a bunch of fruit, some apple juice, and nuts. Nothing else. Pretty dmn tasty.
Ooh, I couldn't hack this one. I love fruit, but this was just a solid lump of fructose liquid plumber. Not suggested for before a car trip...and kind of pricey too.

I really like Clif bars, peanut butter chocolate chip being my favorite, and at 97 cents a bar, you can't beat that with a stick! :thumb: