Quantcast

Energy/carbohydrate drinks

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
I've been using GO Electrolyte sports fuel (tropical flavour) for the past month and i must admit i feel stronger when i ride like i have more energy to give.

Does anybody else have an opinion on Go products or any other energy drinks.

jason

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Enudrox works wonders on a ride as well. If you drink it halfway or so through a ride you feel the effects quite soon. So my vote is for endurox.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A guy on my dh team has a hook-up with Wired. The berry is great! Also, Red Bull is only good with ice and Vodka.

splat

Nam I am
I have used GU20 ( I won a 4 Pound Bucket of it at a race) , and the Cliff Shot drink ( what ever they call it ) I got a Got a Buch of packets of that stuff too as Scwagg at a race. seams to work well, the cliff shot Tatse a lot better that the GU2O

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I use Carbo-Pro on long rides, and Endurox R4 after rides. Carbo-Pro has no taste and doesn't make the water viscous, so it's just like drinking water. It took a few rides to get my guts to feel OK with them, but no problem now.

When I get home from work I eat a Snikers enrgy bar and take short nap. Go to the trail and drink a SoBe No Fear on the drive over. Lately I've been doing some incredible laps at my trail.
I'll bet my teeth will fall out real soon.
I think I'm keeping the No Fear division in business.
My liver is going to pop out and flip me the bird pretty soon.

He'll just be sittin' there like - you suck! F off!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I have used gatorade (diluted with lots of water) and some Hammergel stuff this weekend that seemed to work well. Tasted like an orange creamsicle and the other one like key lime pie.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
ahaha, redbull...some stupid chick at woodward thought you'd get pregnant from drinking redbull b/c "it had bull sperm in it" and then Matteo(pro for red bull) was walking by and we told him to make her bug out..he said, you'lll give birth in 2 weeks, and she's like omg i feel it kicking..and then i attempted to drown her in the pool..anyways, i use about 30 mtn dews(yes really 30) and piss like a race horse..and i watch mtb movies and fast music like blindside

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
TreeSaw said:
I have used gatorade (diluted with lots of water) and some Hammergel stuff this weekend that seemed to work well. Tasted like an orange creamsicle and the other one like key lime pie.

Gatorade ? :confused:

Jun 18, 2004
before: can of sobe N/f Gold, or mt dew amp'd,mdx...

after: Gator aid, or sobe N/f mixed w/red mt dew, sobe courage... or just water...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Gu2O post ride or between laps at a 24-hour race. While riding I mainly stick to water and gels. I want to try some Hammer Nutrition stuff this summer though.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
brungeman said:
endurox recovery?

doesn't it only come in like...... vanilla and chocolate?

I've never seen it in vanilla or chocolate, I've only seen it in orangey flavors.

Oh, before a ride a little bit of liquid creotine(I think thats how you spell it.) helps out.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
IMO,

Red bull & that stuff like that is crap, so is gator/powerade (but I do drink them)

E-caps/Heed is the way to go but stuff is not cheap

ps: I motsly use cytomax

read me