Quantcast

Energy drinks versus Spam?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Does anyone have any opinions on this?

I've found that 2-3 cans of spam give me almost as much energy as a cup of coffee.

:spam:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Yea, I think they shouldn't be allowed to call them energy drinks. Caffine isn't energy it is just a stimulant.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Yea, I think they shouldn't be allowed to call them energy drinks. Caffine isn't energy it is just a stimulant.
Look at the nutrition label and you'll see you're mistaken. Calories measure the energy in the product (the label shows kilocalories actually - Cal, not cal). Overpriced soda with extra caffeine and other stimulants have lots of calories. Not a healthy source of calories, but its got plenty of energy (1 Cal = 4184 J).

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
E=mc^2. As long as the can does not contain a pure vacuum there is energy. The more valid argument is how some of that stuff is regarded as a drink.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
E=mc^2. As long as the can does not contain a pure vacuum there is energy. The more valid argument is how some of that stuff is regarded as a drink.
Brilliant. You could market heavy water as a healthy energy drink with the most energy but your nutrition label would still show zero calories. I don't think too many people could afford it, but rogue states would love it :weee:

Last edited: