Quantcast

English Trail Sabotaged With Rope.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Some people are just stupid, tying rope to trees to stop riders having fun is just a bit nasty. I have no idea if it is on private property or if it is a legal track but going out and doing something that may cause someone serious injury is wrong.

I have had trails sabotaged by pulling logs from jumps and had used syringes in an up ramp but never anything like this-
[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-16954979[/video]

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
A few years back one of our local "not so legal" trails got sabotaged. It was pretty nasty. Whoever did it must have spent quite some time doing it. There were about 100 sharpened sticks and branches pointing up towards the rider in hidden places. Most of them were in technical places in the trail like the mandatory log overs. Most of them were face and chest height. It was crazy how out of the way people will go to stop people from riding. We had gotten lucky and was an hour behind the guy who found them so he had cleared most of them before we had caught up with him but we did find a few he had missed.

I understand if its private property and they want you to stop riding but intentionally trying to hurt (or kill in this case) is just sick

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Found out the hard way riding with a friend that someone had run fishing line neck height on one trail. It was his 68 acres. Livid.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
We had an old codger chat us up on Bennett Gap one who was hiking up. We stopped, said our hellos, he hiked up by us and said "Have a nice day."

Our next run down, there were close to 50+ logs, limbs, sticks, brush and rocks flipped into the trail. It did not help me that our buddy Joe Ward was hot on my tail with us in full on pinner mode. I thought it sucked for me, til Joe pointed out what was hitting my wheels was flying at his face. :D

Trail Nazi's suck.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
You know... If someone puts "items" on a trail that are designed to intentionally hurt someone, they are STILL liable for any injuries that are caused. Even if it is on their OWN land.

Shoot, if someone can be sued when a kid hops a fence and drowns in their pool, putting up items that are designed to inflict harm would be a no-brainer lawsuit. Civil or probably even possible jail time.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
People can be evil. I have a pretty big scar all the way across my lower neck to the other, from a kite string that was strung across a trail at the bottom of a hill. 1 inch up and it would have cut into where my jugular comes out...so one inch higher, and I'd be dead. A few dozen stitches is what it took to close it up.

Don't let people you see doing this stuff get away with a 'scolding'! Peform a citzens arrest! it's attempted murder.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
We had an old codger chat us up on Bennett Gap one who was hiking up. We stopped, said our hellos, he hiked up by us and said "Have a nice day."

Our next run down, there were close to 50+ logs, limbs, sticks, brush and rocks flipped into the trail. It did not help me that our buddy Joe Ward was hot on my tail with us in full on pinner mode. I thought it sucked for me, til Joe pointed out what was hitting my wheels was flying at his face. :D

Trail Nazi's suck.
Good job on taking the time to clear the trail.