Quantcast

Enless Cogs

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
damn that looks nice! i'm using a king right now, but once that dies, this looks like a pretty good replacement option.

nice little bit about them on the SS empty beer board, as well.

and a rant over there, from marshall about some SS stuff..........

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Got mine today, too. 18T. Looks great. Now hopefully my hub will show up this afternoon, too and I'll be all set.

toby

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Has anyone installed these yet on a hub? I finally got my hub today (Hadley) and I can't get the cog on the cassette body. Looks like it may a need a little light filing on the cog's inner splines. I'm gonna call Endless in the morning to see what they suggest.

toby

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
in the trees said:
Has anyone installed these yet on a hub? I finally got my hub today (Hadley) and I can't get the cog on the cassette body. Looks like it may a need a little light filing on the cog's inner splines. I'm gonna call Endless in the morning to see what they suggest.

toby
I designed Kick-Ass-Cogs to fit a King hub snug, but not quite as tight as a dura-ace cassette fits a King (nearly an interferance fit).

I haven't seen a Hadley hub; however what is going on is one of two things:
1) You need to hold you mouth just so....the cog can be hard to slide on at first, but will scoot on down after it's axially aligned.
2) Hadley is simply a tighter fit than anything else out there.

If it is indeed "#2", then please email me and we'll figure out how to get this working for you. You are welcome to call, but I am at my dayjob from 10am eastern to 6pm....so I may have to call you back.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
FYI - I talked with Marshall this afternoon about my above issue with the Kick- Ass-Cog and Hadley hub. A little filing of the splines and all is well. Sweet!

toby

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
I was checking these out the other day and they are probably the best on the market. Especially since they are wider than all the rest. Let us know how you like it.

THOR12STONE

Chimp
Dec 7, 2003
dallas, TX
I own three....17 18 19.....I love these things....light wt and sexy looking. being alu you might wear them out ....but worth it I think.

three reasons to buy endless:

1. they have them in stock...including the elusive 17t (hard to find a king and not willing to wait on a boone, not to mention shimano does not make a 17t bmx)
2. speedy customer service from some good guys. I ordered the cog offline and boom there in three days
3. Love to support a niche buisness especially run by two pretty cool guys

my .02

peace

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I just ordered the elusive 17t tonight! I can't wait to get it. These things look sooo sweet!
I'm running it on my DJ /street rig. I've got a 36t up front, and I orginally ran a 18 in back which was great for street or riding up hills, but this made my rig a little sluggish when I was riding Down trails, or sprinting at the big gap on my local DJ's (which is what my bike is set up for) So I switched to a 16 in back because I couldn't find a 17. It made hills a bit tough, (but my legs have gotten stronger) and made some of the more tech street moves a little tough. Oh and that big gap at the DJ's, with the 16, I had trouble getting the speed, because my gear ratio was too hard. So hopefully the 17 will be the right combination.

And by the way Marshall, thanks for taking my late night call on the double pay pal order :thumb:

I expected to leave a message.

Thats My Bad!

By the way, since we're talking about Endless here, anyone know how steep the head angle is on the Lifetime if you run it with duel 24's and a 100mm fork? Seems like it'd be a sweet DJ/Street rig set up that way. (my only reference to this would be the bike Anson was running in ReUnion) That bike looked pretty damn sick!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
scurban said:
By the way, since we're talking about Endless here, anyone know how steep the head angle is on the Lifetime if you run it with duel 24's and a 100mm fork? Seems like it'd be a sweet DJ/Street rig set up that way. (my only reference to this would be the bike Anson was running in ReUnion) That bike looked pretty damn sick!
I can't answer this question exactly but I can tell you that I'm running a 95mm fork with a 26" front wheel and it's perfect for me. At first it did feel steep b/c I was running a 110mm fork. I never would have thought 15mm would have made that much of a difference. Now that I'm used to it, I like it a lot. I don't think I'd run a 24" on the front myself because I'm very satisfied with the current configuration. I use the bike strictly for urban. I probably didn't add much in this response...sorry - I like talking about my Lifetime, my all-time favorite bike...

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
just ordered 2 for myself.

couple of questions. so, the cog is 6.5mm wide. which spacers would you need to make up a king SS freehub? an XT?

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Mr Tiles said:
I can't answer this question exactly but I can tell you that I'm running a 95mm fork with a 26" front wheel and it's perfect for me. At first it did feel steep b/c I was running a 110mm fork. I never would have thought 15mm would have made that much of a difference. Now that I'm used to it, I like it a lot. I don't think I'd run a 24" on the front myself because I'm very satisfied with the current configuration. I use the bike strictly for urban. I probably didn't add much in this response...sorry - I like talking about my Lifetime, my all-time favorite bike...

Thanks! :thumb: