Quantcast

Epic NC riding video intro

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9BW3GRrv8z0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9BW3GRrv8z0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not very much and probably wont make the final cut. I'm doing a feature length Freeride Mountain Bike movie for my senior project. so i'm just getting the feel of the editing software the location is Downtown High Point and Northwood trails in High Point,NC and its actually pretty epic considering its on a few acres of undeveloped land in the middle of town and theres only about 100ft vertical drop to work with. but its a 1/2 mile ride from my house so i'd say its pretty convenient. also it has some of the most technical stuff ive ever seen. i'll do a ride report on the area soon...
the final production will also include such epic spot such as: Salem Lake in Winston Salem, Country Park in Greensboro, Sugar Mountain in Banner Elk, That bike park near Asheville, Snowshoe mountain in WV, and more

and sorry i forgot to cut the song before i converted it for youtube

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
haha..sweet. reminds me of the old days with moser, d. sapp, d. vinson and the crew making vids on every ride.
i work in HP and have probably seen you guys out riding street. i get paid to ride street in HP everday....let me know if you want a guided tour through some of the best street terrain in the city at Daniel Brooks (projects).

vid intro looks good. what software are you using?

pm me, my son and i will be down for a ride when this friggin cast comes off in about 8 weeks.

oh yeah...some high point riding from 3 or so years ago:

emerywood eh? you must know dr. chip then huh?

good to see you guys out having fun in the point and surrounding areas and i look forward to riding w/ you. :D :D
(my car# is 112 and has a bike rack on it..can't miss it)

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
those are some nice pics! and yes i do know the ducketts, we go to the same church and i go to school with his youngest son. I'm guessing you were at High Point Central yesterday along with every other cop in the city? I always talk to the bike cops after school :D like scott willis (my youth director) and i was talking to one last week who was officer barber or something like that and he rides dh.
the video editing software was sony vegas 8 pro

and yea we should go ride northwood some time

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
you were the long haired kid? i am officer barber. and scott willis is hardly a bike cop ;)
Yep. Thats me!!

and yea your right about scott... he calls himself a power ranger when hes in his bike uniform.

and while I was typing my last post i was like: is this the same guy...no it cant be!! That just shows how small the mtb community really is!

also the way things have been going at central, we're bound to see alot of eachother over the next few weeks. I'll try to ride my bike to school one day.

Last edited:

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
holy crap...now i have something else to ride in downtown. sweet, i had no idea :thumb: i'll definitely be hitting those up on the po-po bike when my wrist is fixed.
Yeah i hope they stay there that long... the church that owns the property is the church i go to and they're fine with it as long as we keep it safe and wear helmets and they made us move our tools out of the gap on the jump in the picture. but there is this one guy that lives in the neighborhood and he insisted we 'tone down' the jumps (hence the doors at the top of the landing and across the gap on the step down)

We're going to put up some official looking rules so we can keep the church happy and tell that guy where to go if he yells at us anymore. He put up a sign that says: "Always Ware a Helmnet" but i wouldn't call that sufficient... or grammatically correct :hmm:

Heres a good shot of the gap on that jump

the door is coming off soon

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
Unless things have really changed you don't want to draw attention to Northwood by writing a review. Talk with Dr Duckett before you post anything, he knows the landowner and built alot of the trails. Same holds true with Salem. These are both considered bandit trails and could get closed if too many people start riding there on a regular basis. Keep it on the down low, if you know what I mean.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Unless things have really changed you don't want to draw attention to Northwood by writing a review. Talk with Dr Duckett before you post anything, he knows the landowner and built alot of the trails. Same holds true with Salem. These are both considered bandit trails and could get closed if too many people start riding there on a regular basis. Keep it on the down low, if you know what I mean.
yea i know what you mean... and i thought about that after i posted that... my bad