Quantcast

Epic ride near b-ham

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
Looking for epic rides around the b-ham seattle area to do over x-mas. Anyone have any fav 25-50 mile rides ridable in the winter??

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
The 25 mile range would be more resonable and you definately could get 50 in if you did not mind logging roads.
B-ham? Up around the Chukanut(sp?) hills I am told you can put some long loops together including Oyster dome, etc.
Heading South, the next "big" place would be the ACFL or Anacortes Community Forest Lands. Definately get a 25 miler in there. Some tech, fun stuff and IN the rain shadow. So, drier than most.
Armstrong or Pilchuck Tracts of the Tree farm(Victoria Tract(300th) is seasonally closed now until May 1st).
Green Mountain, Capitol, Tahuya, Victor Falls, And some other places. But, all are a maze of trails and roads. Pick something, and ask and you should be able to find a guide either here, on mtbr, BBTC, or the STM web sites.
Of course, it all depends on lowland snow as well.

Enjoy.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, Galbraith is the, "given". I guess I just assumed that. But, I'm not savvy enough about there to know if you could get 25 miles in there? Maybe, but not without 3-4 climbs to the towers?

There's also Walker Valley that even everyone here seems to forget about. Probably a mud pit in December. But....

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
chuckanut has some epic riding. ride up to the top then down double black then hit the trail to the backside and loop around back there for a while. Then ride up to blanchard from the back of chuckanut. You could literally ride all day without hitting the same trail / logging road twice.