Quantcast

@#% ER sunday %#@

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Shumont is a fucking monster of a trail. It has four pushes that will make you question wtf you are doing to yourself, followed by a rock garden each time. The rocks get progressively larger after each push. The last one is a boulder field at freeway speeds. There is no picking a line, just hold on and stay up. This one starts at the top of the mountain directly on the opposite side of the lake from the tourist stuff.

On the other side is Top of the World. It takes 25 minutes going Mach Stupid on small loose rocks. Zero uphill and it dumps out behindk the hotel.

Snook’s nose if off the Parkway and very illegal. Also brake pad melting steep. Might not want to hit that one until all the leaves and tourists are gone for the season.

But like I said, it’s been a very long time so my intel might not be up too date.
oh i know snooks is illegal...but so is half the stuff at wilsons :D i'd go in the middle of the week because my schedule is random.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I couldn't let @eric strt6 have all the fun, so I took my daughter to the urgent care clinic for likely strep throat, which was confirmed. Was sharing bottles yesterday so the little guy will probably have it tomorrow and my throat suddenly tickles too....yay

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I couldn't let @eric strt6 have all the fun, so I took my daughter to the urgent care clinic for likely strep throat, which was confirmed. Was sharing bottles yesterday so the little guy will probably have it tomorrow and my throat suddenly tickles too....yay
Last time I thought and went to the Docs they said it is pretty rare for adults, they said it was most likely associated with a viral infection and that was just the first phase of the virus or whatever.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Broke the little part on the F32SC that connects the rebound adjuster to the shaft. It's super fragile and the adjuster protrudes below the bottom of the fork to help torque it and break it off. I was thinking of selling it to, having recently bled it and it seemed to be doing good. I have the Fit4 cart from the F34SC that's using an Avy cart and I think I can cannibalize the part above that connects to the damper shaft.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode with Danny the douchebag for the first time in 3 years. He was a douche. I fought hard to keep up with him and couldn't. I then went into active recovery mode. Just had fun at my pace. He did stich a good ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That sucks. Soup for all of you!

September is off to an unhealthy start here on teh #monkey.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rode with Danny the douchebag for the first time in 3 years. He was a douche. I fought hard to keep up with him and couldn't. I then went into active recovery mode. Just had fun at my pace. He did stich a good ride.
Was that what I posted above? It was in the wrong thread.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
haha. i seem to remember a controversy about that on fb or somewhere a few years back...interesting it starts at eagle rock (where weed patch ends). we stay at rumbling bald. maybe i'll play through weed patch next year instead of stopping at the first overlook and come down shumont.
Shumont dumps out on Boys Camp rd.

I had forgotten that a lot of that land is now a State Park. And it looks like the trail on the other side of the lake might now be Worlds Edge hiking trail. Not sure though. It was a fairly well hidden trail off a road with little to no parking. It wasn't steep, but surprisingly long without any ups. You could haul ass down it and maybe finish in 20 minutes. But 25 was more usual.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Broke the little part on the F32SC that connects the rebound adjuster to the shaft. It's super fragile and the adjuster protrudes below the bottom of the fork to help torque it and break it off. I was thinking of selling it to, having recently bled it and it seemed to be doing good. I have the Fit4 cart from the F34SC that's using an Avy cart and I think I can cannibalize the part above that connects to the damper shaft.
That's a nope, they are totally different assemblies. *#@$!