ergo vs. traditional bars

Type of handlebars?

• Total voters

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
What are y'all using?

My ergo bars (carbon Specialized) are starting to annoy me. The bend hits my hand in the wrong place. I'm in the process of making some adjustments to see if I can get them comfortable. I do like the tops and the location of the hoods, its the drops that are bugging me.

I'm going to rotate them forward a bit and move the levers up to keep them as flat as possible. If that doesn't work I'm going to see about adding some gel pads to the bend and see if I can smooth it out a bit.

What are y'all running?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't use the drops much, and I like the square bend on the tops of my Ritchey Ergo bars...

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
the drops are where it is at.
i like both. there are certain companies who's bends i like more than others. the deda newton 316/216 bars are pretty dope and fairly standard equipment used by most pros. the alunimun fsa bar has the exact same bend.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Easton ergos - I like em, and I spend most of my time in the drops.

Though, it's all I've ever used, so I don't have anything to compare them to.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I absolutely hate all "ergo" bars. They universally all have too much drop.

I like short-reach shallow drop bars. Ritchey WCS classic or Salsa Estrada are the easiest to find.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
SuspectDevice said:
I absolutely hate all "ergo" bars. They universally all have too much drop.

I like short-reach shallow drop bars. Ritchey WCS classic or Salsa Estrada are the easiest to find.
Deda makes some really short drop bars, but I got a set and I realized I like to put my hands into the bend, and the short drop is too narrow.

I thought I would hate Ergos, but I like the angle of the drop, not the "ergo".