Quantcast

es a joke

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
All you have to do is convince yourself there are decent pubs in your area and they will appear. If your mind can believe it, reality will bend in your favor. Now what would happen if you told yourself right now that there are 2 great pubs in your hood? Your SC would tell you to GFYS.
Now what if your subconscious was convinced that there were in fact 2 great pubs in your hood. Reality would bend in your favor.

This is no BS. Trust me :D

If you think it, it will come.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Knuckleslammer said:
All you have to do is convince yourself there are decent pubs in your area and they will appear. If your mind can believe it, reality will bend in your favor. Now what would happen if you told yourself right now that there are 2 great pubs in your hood? Your SC would tell you to GFYS.
Now what if your subconscious was convinced that there were in fact 2 great pubs in your hood. Reality would bend in your favor.

Bull$hit! I've been trying that for 5 years and IT DOESN'T WORK! There are still these crappy sports bars around that serve swill on tap. :mad:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Knuckleslammer said:

So glad you are back and posting :D

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
SkaredShtles said:
Bull$hit! I've been trying that for 5 years and IT DOESN'T WORK! There are still these crappy sports bars around that serve swill on tap. :mad:

Well if it hasn't happened yet, it hasn't been made important enough for you. To affectively do this, it must be a repetitive thought and you must be in a specific mode of thought in order to properly affect the quantum field.

Your pub already exists in the quantum field. It's just time and space preventing it from manifesting in physical form. You can speed this up depending on your feelings for it. Gratitude being foremost and feeling it as if it actually already was.

It's coming. THE PUB IS COMING :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Knuckleslammer said:
Well if it hasn't happened yet, it hasn't been made important enough for you. To affectively do this, it must be a repetitive thought and you must be in a specific mode of thought in order to properly affect the quantum field.

Your pub already exists in the quantum field. It's just time and space preventing it from manifesting in physical form. You can speed this up depending on your feelings for it. Gratitude being foremost and feeling it as if it actually already was.

It's coming. THE PUB IS COMING :D
Oh good Lord. STFU. :D

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Just to add my two cents in here: Lamarck wasn't right and physico-theology or whatever you want to call it hit a wall back a few hundred years ago. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Humans are better at adapting and living in adverse environments than any other organism with the possible exception of bacteria and the like. Plus, as we progress, our ability to adapt increases.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
SkaredShtles said:
You're being disingenuous with this cite. They're not "dumping" the waste - they're facing a problem with a coastal waste site and threatening to dump it in the ocean.
It means to me that they see it as a viable and safe way to dispose of nuclear waste....

SkaredShtles said:
So in other words they quit doing it 35 years ago........
but its still happened and according to my first link hasnt stopped yet. Maybe America stopped, but what about the 30 or so countries with nuclear power means (http://www.uic.com.au/nip07.htm)

SkaredShtles said:
I read some of this - so it looks as if commercial fisherman will go out of business because of lack of wild fish and fish farming may become more prevalent. Sounds like what happens any time you overextend a natural resource.
yea farmed salmon tastes alot like wild salmon. :think: it just aint the same. And also its important to realize that people arent the only consumers on this planet. other species dont have the abilities to make farmed fish or the access to our farmed fish. so they shrink as well. i believe its called a food chain. of course, we should only care for ourselves, and if other animals cant find food because we took it all. well i didnt notice :rolleyes:
SkaredShtles said:
I do like their comparison "Bluefins are going the way of the buffalo" - the American Bison is making a comeback and now "American bison population is now relatively secure, with 500 thousand animals" (http://www.ultimateungulate.com/Artiodactyla/Bison_bison.html)
500,000 bison a comeback? At one time they numbered like 100,000,000.

"The current American Bison population has been growing rapidly and is estimated at 350,000, but this is compared to an estimated 60–100 million during the end of the pre-Columbian era." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bison

why can't you just admit that humans have raped mother nature?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
boostindoubles said:
It means to me that they see it as a viable and safe way to dispose of nuclear waste....
No they don't. They're using it as a threat. That's how I read it.

but its still happened and according to my first link hasnt stopped yet. Maybe America stopped, but what about the 30 or so countries with nuclear power means (http://www.uic.com.au/nip07.htm)
How many of them are *actually* dumping their waste in the ocean? So far all I've seen is a threat to do that.

yea farmed salmon tastes alot like wild salmon. :think: it just aint the same. And also its important to realize that people arent the only consumers on this planet. other species dont have the abilities to make farmed fish or the access to our farmed fish. so they shrink as well. i believe its called a food chain. of course, we should only care for ourselves, and if other animals cant find food because we took it all. well i didnt notice :rolleyes:
Nobody claimed that it was going to taste the same. All that I'm pointing out is that as wild stuff gets more scarce it'll get more expensive, people will catch/sell/buy less and the population will rebound. There's always the chance, I suppose, that it won't, but I think that nature is a little more flexible than you're making out.

500,000 bison a comeback? At one time they numbered like 100,000,000.

"The current American Bison population has been growing rapidly and is estimated at 350,000, but this is compared to an estimated 60–100 million during the end of the pre-Columbian era." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bison
My point being that they *have* rebounded. It's alot quicker to kill things off than for their populations to regenerate. I don't doubt that other species will likely follow the same path. Who knows - 500 years from now maybe the bison will be back at 50,000,000.

why can't you just admit that humans have raped mother nature?
Rape - that's very dramatic. The human species has made alot of short-sighted and downright bad decisions WRT resources, but I hold the opinion that it's not bringing us to the brink of some giant natural calamity. People have been claiming that crap for years and years.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
No they don't. They're using it as a threat. That's how I read it.

How many of them are *actually* dumping their waste in the ocean? So far all I've seen is a threat to do that.

Nobody claimed that it was going to taste the same. All that I'm pointing out is that as wild stuff gets more scarce it'll get more expensive, people will catch/sell/buy less and the population will rebound. There's always the chance, I suppose, that it won't, but I think that nature is a little more flexible than you're making out.

My point being that they *have* rebounded. It's alot quicker to kill things off than for their populations to regenerate. I don't doubt that other species will likely follow the same path. Who knows - 500 years from now maybe the bison will be back at 50,000,000.

Rape - that's very dramatic. The human species has made alot of short-sighted and downright bad decisions WRT resources, but I hold the opinion that it's not bringing us to the brink of some giant natural calamity. People have been claiming that crap for years and years.

Your not fooling anyone trying to shake your hippy image ya flippin hippy.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
with the ongoing wars, population expansion, metropolitan growth, oil consumption, and resource depletion; i highly doubt that unless some drastic changes occur soon, that things will be getting better.

i suppose that bringing entire species to the brink of extinction isnt rape, its a form of genocide. no worries man! just head down to your sports bar and drink some domestic brew with a side of spicy chicken wings. it'll all be good, and besides we will all be dead before the sh!t goes down anyways. live it up!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
boostindoubles said:
with the ongoing wars, population expansion, metropolitan growth, oil consumption, and resource depletion; i highly doubt that unless some drastic changes occur soon, that things will be getting better.
Give me a break. Who brainwashed you into this sort of thinking? I'm amazed that you can even tolerate to *live* on such a f***ked up planet. :rolleyes:

i suppose that bringing entire species to the brink of extinction isnt rape, its a form of genocide. no worries man! just head down to your sports bar and drink some domestic brew with a side of spicy chicken wings. it'll all be good, and besides we will all be dead before the sh!t goes down anyways. live it up!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!

Goddam hippies.

Skeg

Chimp
Sep 22, 2005
the other day when Jesus, Moses, Buddah and I were tearing up some singletrack we took a short "smoke" break and all came to the same conclusion.

Tree hugging hippies piss us all off.
:blah:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey man i live in the country on a farm, on an indian reservation. I dig it. We grow our own food. I can find coyotes, rattlesnakes, wild turtles, lizards, and hawks, among other animals right outside my door. I LOVE IT BRO! Dont think i could be so happy in a city where i have neighbors and cars driving by all the time.

My thinking isnt brainwashed. i see the way many people live, and its wasteful with no regard to the planet. People demand so much yet dont bother to pick up trash or think about conserving what they have. Its sad. As a family, we also go fishing in canada once or so every couple years. It used to kick ass! we'd fish for a couple days and have enough salmon and prawns to last us a long time at home. Now we will go up and catch one fish in 4 days. And we do better than others. Things ARE changing. and its NOT getting better. In the scope of a human life, its a slow change, but for the scope of the planet, its an extremely rapid change. but you obviously arent going to agree with me. So chill, i am a bit of a nature man. I feel that its important to be socially aware that things arent stable or great in any way.
Butf*ck man its waste of energy in my fingers to tell you about all that i see.

peace! and may jah bless :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
boostindoubles said:
hey man i live in the country on a farm, on an indian reservation. I dig it. We grow our own food. I can find coyotes, rattlesnakes, wild turtles, lizards, and hawks, among other animals right outside my door. I LOVE IT BRO! Dont think i could be so happy in a city where i have neighbors and cars driving by all the time.
Interesting. I grew up in the country on a farm. We grew our own food. There was all sorts of wildlife around. It was great.

I live in a city now. You know what - I like that too. If everyone lived your life and had a farm and land *all* of the land in this country would be used up. City living is very efficient from a land-use perspective.

Funny thing is - where I grew up there is now *more* forest and *more* wildlife than there ever was when I was a kid.

My thinking isnt brainwashed. i see the way many people live, and its wasteful with no regard to the planet. People demand so much yet dont bother to pick up trash or think about conserving what they have. Its sad. As a family, we also go fishing in canada once or so every couple years. It used to kick ass! we'd fish for a couple days and have enough salmon and prawns to last us a long time at home. Now we will go up and catch one fish in 4 days. And we do better than others. Things ARE changing. and its NOT getting better. In the scope of a human life, its a slow change, but for the scope of the planet, its an extremely rapid change. but you obviously arent going to agree with me. So chill, i am a bit of a nature man. I feel that its important to be socially aware that things arent stable or great in any way.
Butf*ck man its waste of energy in my fingers to tell you about all that i see.

peace! and may jah bless :)
It's not a waste of energy. I'm not even challenging what you see - what I'm challenging is that your individual experience in this world is not the be-all end-all of what's going on. People absolutely live wastefully. Hell - there are probably people who would challenge *you* for living wastefully. There are also people who might argue that things have been getting better for a long time - on a macro scale. We'll always have things that get done that are stupid, but we should learn and move on. We can't just button up shop, throw up our hands, and give up, can we?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
well i'm not saying that the worlds going to end tomorrow. But i am saying that things are changing for the negative. Granted it may not be 'negative' for the planet. the planet will survive as a planet and restructure for something else. But we as a society are in trouble. It may not happen tomorrow, or next year, or in the next 100 years, but life as we know it will come to an end. It might come from the yellowstone caldera, or an economic collapse. But how ever it happens, its gonna happen. This shouldnt be ignored or slighted because we can't see the big picture.

And it shouldnt have to hit us and then we are forced to learn and move on, thats retarded. Why not look ahead and prepare, maybe try and facilitate a change for the better while things are still pretty decent? Not this high horse attitude (die hippie die)