Quantcast

Escalade! Only $15k!!

J

JRB

Yeah well - Lance bangs Wynona Ryder and now it's $15,000 to ride with him.

1. What is Ride for the Roses Weekend?
Ride for the Roses Weekend is a celebration of the LAF’s most enthusiastic supporters. LIVESTRONG Challenge participants who raise a minimum of $15,000 will be invited to participate in Ride for the Roses Weekend in Austin, TX, October 13-15.

2. Can I participate in Ride for the Roses Weekend in Austin?
Yes! We are challenging our loyal supporters to raise $15,000 to participate in the Ride for the Roses Weekend.

Or, you can participate in one of our five LIVESTRONG Challenge events across the U.S. If you look forward to your annual trip to Austin, TX, and you are not sure you can raise $15,000, then the LIVESTRONG Challenge Austin is a good option for you.

3. But I have participated in Ride for the Roses Weekend for many years just by paying the $150 registration fee. Why can’t I participate this year?
The annual Ride for the Roses has evolved into the LIVESTRONG Challenge in five cities. The Ride for the Roses has sold out for many years and limited the number of people who can ride to support the LAF. The LIVESTRONG Challenge will allow more people who support the LAF to participate in our events.

If you look forward to riding in Austin, be sure to sign up for the LIVESTRONG Challenge Austin.

4. What events make up Ride for the Roses Weekend?
Ride for the Roses Weekend will be comprised of the following events (exact schedule TBD):

* Welcome reception (Friday)
* Awards dinner (Saturday)
* Ride (Sunday)
* Post-Event Party (Sunday)

5. Will Lance Armstrong be at the Ride for the Roses?
Yes, Lance will attend the Ride for the Roses.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Those escalades are lame!

As for the Livestrong challenge - I'm trying to do the Southern California ride, but all they will say is "It's in Southern California in July (I forget which month)- send us $150 plus $500 in donations."

I want to do it, but they can't tell me where it is in Southern California - Ventura? Barstow? Calexico?

I'm gonna send my $500 to someone who wants/needs it more. Can't fault them for aiming high, though.

Chris

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
rooftest said:
I want to do it, but they can't tell me where it is in Southern California - Ventura? Barstow? Calexico?
I'll give you a hint. U.S. Postal trained in SB County every winter for several years:cool:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Bicyclist said:
I would guess it would be on the 155, the 150, or the 33.
More like Gibralter, East Camino Cielo or any number of big road loops in the wine country. But this is pure speculation of course:rolleyes: :rofl: