Quantcast

EscapeArtist made Lil' Manimal Famous!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
this is probably the coolest thing anyone has ever done on the news!

if you remember escapeartist's thread about his school project:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148872&highlight=lil+manimal

he got on the news with it tonight and said some really cool things. i'm so floored right now, no one has ever really said stuff like that about me/noah. the story nearly made my wife cry :thumb:

anyhoo...i recorded the vid through my camcorder and posted it on putfile.

linky to the vid: http://media.putfile.com/Noah-and-Dad-news-video

and the actual pic

alex....you are the man! thank you sooo much!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
totally awesome! that picture is probably my favorite picture of all time that truly expresses what biking is all about.....fun.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Thanks a lot guys, Brandon, I meant everything I said, and I really appreciate all your help on this project. I'm glad it came out so well.

ito said:
I'll say it again, Alex needs to send that shot over to NSMB for the money shot competition.

That is so rad!

The Ito
I'm working on that. I tried to submit it a coupla times but can never seem to get to the right folder. I emailed them, but they dont seem to want to talk. Has anyone here done one? Can you help a brotha out?

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Not to be a downer, but I would be much more impressed with your mad parenting if Noah wanted to do ballet more than anything and you still spent that much time with him.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
So awesome. Congrats dude.

SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Not to be a downer, but I would be much more impressed with your mad parenting if Noah wanted to do ballet more than anything and you still spent that much time with him.

Slob a knob

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Yeah, the whole "not being a downer thing" you failed. The fact is, the guy gets out and spends time with his kid. Just because your not as impressed as you could be, doesnt make it any more special. In case you didnt know (which obviously you dont) Noah also does gymnastics and (I think) Martial Arts, both of which Manimal supports completely. The man has three kids, works two jobs, and goes to school. He also has a hobby of helping other young riders start out (the man met me, showed me all the riding spots, took me on my first group ride, and coached me through the first big double) if you're not impressed with that then you better have one hell of a resume to back it up with.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
SirChomps-a-Lot said:

i support him in gymnastics and soccer too, does that count? sometimes i even make him clean his room and brush his teeth too. is that enough, 'cause w/out your approval i really don't know if i can go on. i'm just lucky enough to have a son that happens to like what i like....if he didn't, well...i guess i just wouldn't get to ride as much.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
manimal said:
i support him in gymnastics and soccer too, does that count? sometimes i even make him clean his room and brush his teeth too. is that enough, 'cause w/out your approval i really don't know if i can go on. i'm just lucky enough to have a son that happens to like what i like....if he didn't, well...i guess i just wouldn't get to ride as much.
Although I agree with you 100%, and am sure that you are an awesome parent, I do see what Chomps is saying, in that a child shouldn't have their existence validated by the fact that their parent approves of what they are interested in (i.e. biking, fishing, ballet, etc...). As in, it took me until the end of my freshman year to realize that I didn't have to be an engineer to make my dad happy; he loves me for who I am. At this point it is obvious that you love Noah very much for who he is, and I don't think any of us have the right to really comment or question whether or not you do.

That first photo is awesome, btw...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The Gymnastics will help him become an even more awesome rider. (I've said that before and I'm sure you realise it too, Manimal.)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
You're an ass. You have literally no idea what kind of a dad manimal would be like if Noah were interested in ballet. Do you have even an inkling that he would spend any less time with him?

No, you don't. Shut it. :rolleyes:

You really had to be a prick just to be a prick, huh?

manimal, those photos were awesome and it's pretty cool that it made the local news - congrats :thumb:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Those are really great pics. Lil Manimal is going to be a frighteningly good athlete. No fear! Ah, youth...

Escapeartist: Your classmates are cute.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
which one was that? hobby? if it was, that's where moser did his first big double too and both of you are kicking my butt now :mumble: :D
Naw, it was the first one in th 6pack out at the Pit (RIP) God how I miss that place...

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Awesome there manimal.............totally awesome making the local news keep up the good work bro you're an awesome dad and a great example for others.

Did Sir-Chomps alot have a bad childhood or what?

[edit] escapeartist well done on the class project.............:thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Awesome.

Sounds wierd, but that pic kind of makes me want to have a kid.

...unless it turns out to be a girl, then I just wont care...

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
SirChomps-a-Lot said:

...SirChomps-a-Lot...:nonono:

I'm jumping on the band wagon a little late, but being a parent, fellow rider and personal friend of Brandon & Noah (and Alex) I'm stepping up!

You know what they say about assumptions don't you?!..Just do something simple like research - you'd find other pics and posts Brandon has written about his family! My favorite pics on this entire site are the ones Brandon posted of kids sans bike...had nothing to do with biking...pics of fishing and stuff - that particular post says it all! You don't know this guy and you've already been rebuked for dumping on him! I'm just officially giving you the smack because I'm one of those parents that would give any and everything up for my family - Brandon is one of those guys too!

I can also say that if Noah at any point and time wanted to stop riding his Dad would not make him! Noah rides because he wants too - everytime I've seen him take a spill, Brandon is on the spot ready to take him home - Noah is the one who wants to keep riding!

...plain and simple, you spoke too soon, you've been owned!

Go eat your vegamite and shut up!

...oh and have a nice day :redhot:

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Awesome.

Sounds wierd, but that pic kind of makes me want to have a kid.

...unless it turns out to be a girl, then I just wont care...

Dude - Caroline is badass. She'll be fun too.

That is awesome stuff for both manimal and Alex. Noah's a really, really LUCKY kid.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Since we're on the bust on Sir Chomps alot roll here........

I've noticed with my son (who is Noah also) that he models what I do, whether its how I sit, how I watch TV, to riding my bike. I've pulled Noah around on many a bike ride in his trailer and when he got his bike he instantly wanted to get on it and mess with it............he sees dad doing it and so he wants to do it as well.

So to say that Brandon is "prodding" (or to assert) to ride is to fundamentally how little boys view their dads..........as the coolest dudes on the planet (at least until they are like 6 or 7.......LOL).

I've never prodded Noah one way or the other, if he wants to ride his bike that's awesome, but he also loves basketball (which I'm not a real fan of the sport) but if he chooses that over riding, then I'll be the loudest basketball fan ever.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
The N8 says: :thumb:
My gawd, I agree with N8!

Congrats to Escapeartist and Noah, and Manimal. I'm with BS on this one, watching you two makes me look forward to having a kid. If only every kid had parents like Mr. and Mrs. Manimal.

That's a dang nice photo.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
thats freakking sweet man, it reminded me of this tread linky but then again lil manimal, would be clearing all those doubles wouldn't he? :D