Quantcast

Essential Phone

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone used or touched one?

I got a new Samsung S8 for work and I'm kind of wanting to replace my old relic personal phone.

I either want to get another Samsung S8 but just discovered the Essential Phone.

Essential Phone through my phone company seems to be dirt cheap. Samsung would cost me $140ish.

Only downside I see for Essential Phone is that is it only rated to IP54 vs IP68 for Samsung.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Get the S8. I've been really liking mine for the past 6 months. There are articles on the interwebz covering how to get the max out of the phone - change screen resolution, remove some Samsung crap, etc.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Do you use a case or screen protector for your S8? If so which one?

After watching my iPhone swim in the sink, I think being water proof is a requirement now. Not sure how my phones have survived some of the rain rides they've been on...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Do they still have an "Active" version of the S8? My S6 and wifes S7 active have survived our ourdoors activities well.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Do you use a case or screen protector for your S8? If so which one?

After watching my iPhone swim in the sink, I think being water proof is a requirement now. Not sure how my phones have survived some of the rain rides they've been on...
i will repeat what i have said about my note8/otterbox case....since the note8/S8 have the curved glass..

i have left my note8 on the top of my car no less than three times and driven off....only to hear it clatter along the roof at 45 to 50mph and fly off...no cracks on screen....no scratches....no chips....0hone works flawlessly....buy a otterbox/equivalent case and forget about it.

the screen covers....however....are bullshit....once they pop off....they do not stay on...

Last edited: