Quantcast

Etsu Ds, Dh

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
The East Tennessee State University Cycling Team will be hosting an event Sept 3-4, 2005 on campus. The event will be an open DS or Dual, DH race and collegiate DS, DH, XC.

The DS, DH race will be Sat, the 3rd. Tentative schedule as follows;

DS or Dual- Qualify @ 10am, race at 11am
DH- First run @ 3pm followed immediately by 2nd run. Best run time format.

DH course has been modified to create a more technical course, but short-travel rear is still optimal

We are planning to create new slalom course, but work has not yet been approved!

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
We are trying to get this race to count as the TN state championships and Southeast Regional for Downhill and Dual. Here is a generic flyer (sorry I am at Work).
Rolling at the Ridge
Sept 3-4, 2005
East Tennessee State University Johnson City, TN

The ETSU Cycling Club is bringing it back to campus with the fourth rendition of Rolling at the Ridge. This year promises to be another exciting venue with an all new slalom course and redesigned Downhill. The Downhill will follow the original campus trail, but there will be some new berms built to make the course even faster. Don’t miss the show as the Southeast’s best collegiate riders battle it out alongside all the NORBA riders.

Directions: Take I-26 to exit 31 and turn left (from either direction). After the interstate exits, you will pass through two traffic lights. Turn left on Southwest Ave after the second light (first entrance to campus). At four-way stop turn left and then take the first left. You should be able to see registration by now!

Saturday, Sept 3rd :

8:00am Slalom practice
10:00am Slalom qualifying
11:00am Slalom elimination rounds

12:00 pm Downhill practice
2:30pm Downhill start by seed
Order: Pro, expert, sport, beginner, junior

Slalom awards following finals
Downhill awards directly after race

Classes: Pro/ semi-pro
Expert
Sport
Beginner
Juniors
Classes may be combined if fewer than five riders in class

Sunday, Sept 4th:

8:00am Registration open
9:30am XC start for all collegiate

Entry fees:
Collegiate $12
Junior $20
All other $25
Downhill add $5 for shuttle

Cash prizes for pro-semi-pro
Merchandise for all other classes

Proceeds benefit the ETSU Cycling Club in its mission to uphold racing in the Southeast

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Buffalo= too much work to get all those collegiate riders up! Besides they already destroy themselves on campus. The berms will make the course much faster and a little less pedalling!

BTW the race will be the TN state champs as well as the Regional Champs, so in addition to a great race you will get extra points!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sometimes you should race for the fun and atmosphere. I have no chance of winning either but I still do it. We can race our DH bikes together. You know JR will be on his.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, I was standing right there with my arm in a sling from my accident at Windrock ans saw the whole thing. Didn't look good. :( Man if I didn't ride places where I've crashed I won't be able to ride anywhere. :p

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Jeremy R said:
Does that include the parking lot at Diablo?
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Oh man! Jeremy you make me laugh so hard sometimes. :oink:

I wish more people could have witnessed that. I consider it some of my finest work. :nopity:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
Does that include the parking lot at Diablo?
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh yeah, and I will be at ETSU using college kids for berms! :devil:
OK OK...I'll come...but only because your jokes are better than Herndon yelling at Cecil...

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
profro said:
Matt, when are those results going to make it to NORBA/USA Cycling?
I got behind on the paper work (for the Core, Cane Creek & USA Cycling) so they weren't submitted until last Thursday. Sorry about the delay but they should be posted soon.

Later

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Crap, same weekend as the NBL Grands. I'm trying to talk Jr. into doing Snowshoe or VT. instead of the Grands this year. Maybe some DS action the same weekend as the Grands will push him over. :help:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Guard said:
I got behind on the paper work (for the Core, Cane Creek & USA Cycling) so they weren't submitted until last Thursday. Sorry about the delay but they should be posted soon.

Later

:thumb: