Quantcast

ETSU Dual?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Is there going to be a return of this series this year? I missed all of them due to schedule issues, and would like it if that didn't happen again this year.

Any clues?

irishman

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
TN
return of the ETSU series? We have discussed hosting a race with our DS and a downhill somewhere nearby but there have been no formal plans made. I think we are busy enough redoing our course and due to falling attendance in years past it isn't as worth while.

That said: Do you know a date that you'd like to see it on?

We are always up for holding a good old fashioned throw down without the formalities of a real race. Maybe a cash pot for the winner.

interested?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Damn right I'm interested. Bringing a crew of three.

I'd love to see it before the Otter in April so I can get the rust knocked off, or the end of that month would be cool. So, before the 10th or after the 17th.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
irishman ive been wanting to catch an etsu race myself for about 2 years now. back in october i got to meet a group of three guys at wester carolina and there were some of the coolest guys ive meet in a long time. so needless to say i would love to get up there and throwdown with those guys and any other etsu rider. you get me a date and ill be there.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Last year's race was low on attendence, but I think we all had a good time. I'd for go the DH and just do a dual this year.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
It serieously is one of the funnest events, and low stressed events, ive been to. Also, there is a excellent place to buy burgers, which is called pals, that really satisfies a fat kid like me.
Race Fuel= burger

irishman

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
TN
Our meeting is tonight I'll talk to the guys about it. Maybe we'll get some dates picked out. Tell me what you think about this...

A somewhat informal race. It will be timed...and if people throw down some cash we can do a cash prize for the winner...or we can just do bragging rights.

There would be no official sanctioning body, so no points.

We would do the dual at our course and the DH could be at either..

1. Our old DH course (the one used for most of those races)
2. Maybe we could shuttle up to the top of buffalo and race down that. (there may be some extra cost here....5-10 bucks a person for shuttle)

Feel free to throw out some dates...we'll see what else we can come up with tonight.

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
We talked tonight at our meeting and it sounds like we could definately get a weekend or two with some good laid back racing. Maybe with some prizes too, for overall slalom and dh riders.

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
I know we used to hold races the first weekend in may or around there, how would that work for everybody. we could probably do one then and then one later in the summer when everyone isnt busy.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I know we used to hold races the first weekend in may or around there, how would that work for everybody. we could probably do one then and then one later in the summer when everyone isnt busy.
There are 5 Super D races in SC and NC in March and April. May 12th is Massanutten DH race. May 27th is the US open. Look at the list of races posted in the DH forum today to get all of the East Coast Race dates.

irishman

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
TN
we haven't forgotten about this but haven't nailed down a date yet. We'll keep ya posted when we get something up and running.