Quantcast

ETSU Race April 5th!

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
the course right now is pretty much perfect. however, if it rains it usually takes one full day of sun to dry out, two to be sure. let me know when you are thinking about coming up and i can let you know how the course is looking.
Looks like non stop RAIN today,Friday,Saturday. I'm guessing 99.9% no slalom!
Still going to have the XC & DH mudfest ?

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
what will probably happen is we will still do xc and dh and save slalom for the last event for any hopes of drying. if we can get a few solid hours of sunshine it will dry out but we gotta hope for that to happen. definitely dont miss out on the mud fest though.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ha, I found a pic from the last time I raced ETSU.
Check out the gauze sticking out of my knee pad.
I took all the skin off of it earlier in the week, and could barely walk.
Racing was not a problem though.:biggrin:

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Yeah pretty sure thats the rock at the end judging by the angle of descent. Too bad i cant come any more but i was going to see if i could send it to... rock garden/creek? haha

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
geez...I remember when I got into DH in 96, everybody just got a flyer at the bike shop off the fax, mailed in their registration, showed up, found the big yellow bus, and rode their bikes till it got dark...seems like there was a raced mixed in there somewhere....every single weekend, rain or shine.

MudPuppy Sports!!!! (my wife still wears my old t-shirt) :thumb:

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
Since the rain has pretty much not stopped we are going to still run xc in the morning, but we are going to run dh after that. we are hopefully going to give the slalom course enough time to dry. so once xc finishes we will open up dh practice. and then weather depending we will have slalom.

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
damn so its gonna be rainin the hole time? where is this place located is it on the campus or what? im comming up for the dh and ds hopfully we'll stil be able to run the ds. i should be there thogh.

ethanq

BikeMann

Chimp
Feb 29, 2008
i'm leaving atlanta to come up now. i was hoping for the DS too but i'm bringing the XC rig so i can still get two races in. see you guys tomorrow

Mtnbiker245

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
Johnson City
It should be a slop fest but our ds course only needs 3-4 hours of good dry time and its normally good to race! But everything is taped and good to go for in the morning!!!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
geez...I remember when I got into DH in 96, everybody just got a flyer at the bike shop off the fax, mailed in their registration, showed up, found the big yellow bus, and rode their bikes till it got dark...seems like there was a raced mixed in there somewhere....every single weekend, rain or shine.

MudPuppy Sports!!!! (my wife still wears my old t-shirt) :thumb:
and you got misshapen pottery and mismatched socks for prizes.....

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Too bad only 2 XC riders showed.That XC course looked good !

It was good experience riding the downhill in the slick. Would have been cool to try these tires ?
Post up the next shindig whenever/if there is one.
Awesome you showed up to support the race.:clapping:

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
Hey i just wanted to say thanks to all who showed up today, despite the weather. Considering the slop fest conditions i think we had a good turnout and im glad all of you came. Here are the results:

XC
1st Brad Reed-he did four laps in the slop and drizzle

DH
Expert:
1st Ethan Quehl 1:37
2nd Matt Griffin 1:45
3rd Jeremy Raney 1:47
4th Geoff Fryer 1:50
5th Zachary Lutright 1:53
5th PK Graff 1:53
5th Harley Addair 1:53
6th Alex Honkenen 1:56

Beginner
1st Sean Royall 2:00
1st Drew Dickson 2:00
2nd Shea McLutcher 2:10
3rd Mike Seymour 2:12
4th Zack Dinkins 2:16
5th Conor Fitzgerald 2:28
6th Maggie Josine 2:54
7th Michael Mann 2:59
8th Alan Sparks 3:15
9th Josh Davis 4:41

Women Beginner
1st Maggie Josine 2:54

Let me know if i spelled anyones name wrong and i will fix it.

Thanks again for coming out. Hopefully this summer we will have a little get together shindig when it isnt supposed to rain all weekend.