Quantcast

ETSU race July 24th

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
There will be another ETSU race on July 24th to make up for the lost Wolf race. The race will be part of the Maxxis Series and will again be on campus.
We could not get Buffalo in time, The city needed the paperwork and insurance at least 30 days in advance, and that was as a favor.

We are doing a little work on both courses so there will be a some changes, but still the same great courses.

Spread the word and bring it!

Race fees will be the standard $25, and schedule will be DH @11am, MTX @4pm. We are currently rebuilding the DJ's on campus and I have the seven set in the back yard now!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Both races will be on Saturday? Is that correct?

T, call me. I'd like to get together with you sometime this weekend.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
The weekend after Windrock....I will put it in my little black book NOW and schedule it for TERMINATION!

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
i'd really like to go, but i just need a little more info about the race, divisions and qualifications, or can you just show up and pay your $25 and race?

i'm really considering going and racing (if i'm able to) but this would be my first race so i'd like to know a little more :help:

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Just show up and register. There is a beginner class, sport class, expert, and pro/semi-pro. Also Junior X and U18 and U14.

Directions:
Take I-26 to Johnson City, TN. Take exit 31 (either direction) and turn left. Go through two red lights and the take left at Southwest Ave (1st campus entrance). At 4-way take left (still Southwest Ave), and then the first left. At Physical Plant Receiving Warehouse is where the fun starts.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
T-Pirate said:
Looking like a maybe as of right now. If I go I may just be photoing, I will definately bring my bike though, I like riding the courses in practice.
I like riding new trails too, but race practice it better for those who have paid to race when others aren't in the way poaching. ;)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
ztlh13 said:
Peete

Why don't we get to see your daughter ripping on the pro/ex women around here. That would be good entertainment!
I can't get her on her MTB. She's too wrapped up in BMX. But I'm working on her. I think after the NBL Worlds she'll start riding.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
jet said:
You're going to Holland? That's much better than ETSU. No offense to anybody. I'd much rather be in Europe.

Someday...
Well, it is pretty greedy on my part. I've been to alot of places while I was in the military so I don't have the urge to travel overseas. Plus, I like watching BMX racing but not 10 hours of it for 2 days straight and not being able to ride.
There is a XC course literally right next to the BMX track over there. I'm not sure if I want to deal with getting my bike over there. But then I would have my own transportation.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Take I-26 north to TN exit #31. Turn left and go through three lights. After last light take first left onto ETSU campus (Southwest Ave). At 4-way stop turn left and DH registration will be on the right. Slalom course is the first left under the RR tracks.

DH @11am, Dual @4pm, Sat 7-24

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Just an FYI...

You guys need to post more information about the races in multiple places rather than just in a single thread on one board. I was talking to someone today trying to find out info on the race and neither him nor I new anything about what times the events are taking place.. It's not even on the maxxis-sss.com site.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Taz I was just at the maxxis-sss site and the info is there, but where else should we be posting schedules? We have always wanted to get more info to more people, but we have resistance to everyone settling on one place to get the word.

B

bigkonarider

ANyone bringing the DJ equipment..!
or is there a noise ordanence ?
man i can't spell ordenance....that's cop talk :nuts:
Last race there were a lot of riders & spectators... !!!
But man.it get's awful .......quiet .....................................................
kick out the jams.......my brotha :nuts:
hope it doesn't RAIN

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
ztlh13 said:
Taz I was just at the maxxis-sss site and the info is there, but where else should we be posting schedules? We have always wanted to get more info to more people, but we have resistance to everyone settling on one place to get the word.
The maxxis-sss site only has the date, no mention of start times.

The best way to get information out is a press release. Develop a distribution list and send it out to the major media sites, RM, Hcor, Pinkbike, Busted Spoke, etc. That way the information is in multiple places and you cover all your bases. We always post race information at Hcor on our calender, many people submit race events to our calender. Check it out, it's pretty nice, has detailed information when you click on an event
http://www.hcor.net/modules.php?name=NuCalendar
But of course the Maxxis-sss site should be first and foremost place it should appear.

Anywho... just a suggestion, my $0.02