Quantcast

ETSU Race - Sorry for the short notice

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
Hey guys just wanted to remind everyone that this weekend may 4th is the etsu dh/ds race.
We have some interesting things planned for the slalom race that will combine the upper section of the four cross course and feed into the slalom course as usual, should make for 30+ second runs.

For those that like to hurt, sunday we will be doing a six hour xc race on our trails.

Hope to see you all there

FL_2013-1067.jpg

jager

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
hmm, interesting. How long does the DH race usually last since it is the best of two runs? Was thinking of backpacking on Sat. night and I'm pretty sure I could be back in Asheville and on trail by 6:30ish.

Any recent videos of the course, or has not much changed from the race last year (I see a few videos from last year).

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Hey guys just wanted to remind everyone that this weekend may 4th is the etsu dh/ds race.
We have some interesting things planned for the slalom race that will combine the upper section of the four cross course and feed into the slalom course as usual, should make for 30+ second runs.

For those that like to hurt, sunday we will be doing a six hour xc race on our trails.

Hope to see you all there

View attachment 113763
Do you hav an address I can put in my gps o get me to the DH course?

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
hmm, interesting. How long does the DH race usually last since it is the best of two runs? Was thinking of backpacking on Sat. night and I'm pretty sure I could be back in Asheville and on trail by 6:30ish.

Any recent videos of the course, or has not much changed from the race last year (I see a few videos from last year).
The downhill race is typically over by 1:30. Not much has changed at all from last year. A different jump up top and a new ride around for a mandatory jump in the middle of the course.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Here are results. Thanks to everyone who showed up for the race!

Had a blast..thanks for makin it happen! By chance do you have the times to go with the results? Just want to see how bad I got smoked!:D
Matt, I had a 1:28 and you had a 1:29. I think they were like 4 1:29's. Super tight racing except at the top. Winner had a 1:24 and I ain't even gonna tell you what Geritt threw down.
That said Matt the guys in front of us in Cat 1, I think the oldest one was 20. ;)

BBG Racing

Chimp
May 7, 2013
Thanks for posting the times Jay :)

I'm awaiting on the age/class breakdown for the official USAC qualifications for CAT1, but man some fast times on the results... Still thinking about where in the F*** I would have made up 13 seconds for the podium?!?! Must have missed a shortcut or I'm just getting old.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
yeah thanks for posting Jay and thanks Jeremy for calling out the age...makes me feel a little bit better. Next time I'll have to drink more Ensure before the race!!!