Quantcast

Eugene or missoula for biking

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Both are cool, but I know more about Eugene from growing up nearby.. You would have a large range of stuff to ride. There are dirtjumps, xc trails, shuttleable trails near by, Blackrock (freeride) isn't too far, Ashland is probably a couple hours. The only thing is, you will need a car for *most of the trails that I know about. So If you don't plan on driving much, you might do some more research in Montana.. Oh yeah, one more plus with oregon is that there is year round riding, although wet, a lot of it is still rideable.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I've ridden in Missoula - if you're up for xc it didn't seem like there was a ton. I rode the stuff out at Rattlesnake, Pattee Canyon and Blue Mtn. The winters are WAY harsh there compared to Eugene. There is quite a bit of xc around Eugene, mud is a big part of the riding there. Both places have good side trip options within a few hours.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Tons of XC in Missoula and you can hit a few from town. There isnt much FR. There are a lot of DH trails with small climbs. The only down part is the riding season is only 7-8 months.

Both are cool, but I know more about Eugene from growing up nearby.. You would have a large range of stuff to ride. There are dirtjumps, xc trails, shuttleable trails near by, Blackrock (freeride) isn't too far, Ashland is probably a couple hours. The only thing is, you will need a car for *most of the trails that I know about. So If you don't plan on driving much, you might do some more research in Montana.. Oh yeah, one more plus with oregon is that there is year round riding, although wet, a lot of it is still rideable.
What is the scoop with Ashland?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Ashland has a super-D event that seems to be getting more and more popular,the spring thaw http://www.somba.org/springthaw/ and lots of fun trails. When I rode there, it seemed like having an all mountain bike was great, but I've heard rumors about good DH riding too, which wouldn't suprise me after seeing the area. Overall, a rad place for bikes!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ashland has a super-D event that seems to be getting more and more popular,the spring thaw http://www.somba.org/springthaw/ and lots of fun trails. When I rode there, it seemed like having an all mountain bike was great, but I've heard rumors about good DH riding too, which wouldn't suprise me after seeing the area. Overall, a rad place for bikes!

Yep, I've done both the Super D and the dowhill in Ashland. :thumb: