Quantcast

euro bb fitment problems on ns frame =/?!

Dec 30, 2009
i recently bought a ns traffic frame.
the bb size of this frame is 68mm x 113mm.
i want to use a bmx crankset instead of a mtb style crank w/ the spider.
so i took a look at the FSA X-drive cranks (i dont care about high quality cranks for now, im on a budget and im very poor.) so dont bash.

here is the link for the crankset i want, it comes with the euro bb bracket, the spindle, the crank arms. everything i need.
http://www.crosslakesales.com/p-855-fsa-170mm-x-drive-19-chromoly-bmx-crankset-wbb-new.aspx

but i dont know if it would fit or not?!

if you guys could help me. let me know

if it doesn't does anyone know of a euro bb bracket that is 68mm wide and has a 113mm spindle??!

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
Im fairly certain that the 113mm is a minimum spindle size- you should be fine with a 144 spindle, just use the spacers provided. 68mm BB widths are standard size for hardtails and 20s

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
Yeah the 113mm is a standard for isis and other tapered MTB spindles. The 144mm is a standard for BMX spindles

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
yes, it will work. the pic on the site looks like FSA provides enough little spacers too.

I have an FSA euro BB on one of my bikes, and the little tube that sits between the bearings was too long, so some cutting and dremeling was necessary... just a warning

Dec 30, 2009
the only thing im worrying about is if there are enough threads on the inside hollow part of the spindle. you said you had to grind/dremel some of the excess length but i wonder if you cut to a certain point the threads for the crank arm bolts will run out... that would be a huge problem.

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
What? He is talking about the spacer that is inside of the bb shell. You dont cut the spindle down, Im pretty sure that euro is going to need a 6" spindle, it's a 135mm spaced frame correct?

Dec 30, 2009
What? He is talking about the spacer that is inside of the bb shell. You dont cut the spindle down, Im pretty sure that euro is going to need a 6" spindle, it's a 135mm spaced frame correct?
yes it is. sorry if i misunderstood anything. let me know what you know! thank you!

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
I know that you need a 6" spindle (144mm=6"), atleast I did on my mob frame. I too had the same cranks (older version) and used them on quite a few frames. You should be good to go with that crankset.

Last edited: