Quantcast

Eurobike 2010

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Didn't even know that it was already on. Pinkbike has the first pictures of wacky euro bikes already.

Anybody seen anything interesting?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I wonder if the Fury will see any geo updates for 2011 - love the new paint job.
Same frame (those molds were expensive!), but they are using angled headset cups to offer some geo adjustment. I dig the new color too.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Is that a gboxx3? Normal cranks for it? Looks lighter but the new swingarm on the nicolais is insane. It seems like they like their bikes heavy.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
its a g-boxx 1, the drive side of the crank has some material machined off to make it fit.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I thought they will show the rumored gboxx3 at eurobike. Any info about it?
I don't think any info has been released about it aside from the details in the g-boxx thread. There's a hammershmidt type crankset near the end of tfj77's photos, and a few of the Pinion gearbox in there too..

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ive got some interesting info from a friend at eurobike. He talked to a guy at Spinner booth and they are crazy enough to claim that people who buy and hype bos are silly because they are produced (fully, including internals contrary to what bos says) in their factory and therefore are not really better ;)

I wonder that if this is true - the internals are produced at spinner - where some of the high tolerance stuff that supossedly is there comes from? I doubt spinner.

Last edited:

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
what is the point of all the gearbox bikes having the chain on the left side? you need a special hub, special brake adapter, special whatever....

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the reason for the left side chain is because the out put of the gear box tends to be easier on the left.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
even at the risk of sounding even stupider, why couldnt you just turn it all around?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
what is the point of all the gearbox bikes having the chain on the left side? you need a special hub, special brake adapter, special whatever....
you're late. try finding some old threads from the time nicolai introduced the gboxx 1 for the first time, there you'll find maybe some answers to your questions...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I maybe stupid but can anyone explain this rotor to me? Im not sure if I should be interested or suprised.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
New Edge (now "ENVE") carbon DH handlebar may potentially be a winner. Does anybody wanna guinea pig it?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
New Edge (now "ENVE") carbon DH handlebar may potentially be a winner. Does anybody wanna guinea pig it?
I know they make quality products but Id rather trust new easton 750 carbon bars. The old ones were prooven and had no issues with it.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
I know they make quality products but Id rather trust new easton 750 carbon bars. The old ones were prooven and had no issues with it.
Yeah, I checked 'em out (http://www.eastoncycling.com/en-us/mountain/products/bars/gravity/havoc-carbon) and they seem pretty neat.

What's interesting though, is that neither of these handlebars use CNT technology. I wonder if the additional cost-to-manufacture wasn't worth the added strength? (I'm not a materials science guy, so this is just speculation...)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yeah, I checked 'em out (http://www.eastoncycling.com/en-us/mountain/products/bars/gravity/havoc-carbon) and they seem pretty neat.

What's interesting though, is that neither of these handlebars use CNT technology. I wonder if the additional cost-to-manufacture wasn't worth the added strength? (I'm not a materials science guy, so this is just speculation...)
They dont? I liked my old cnts. Hope they can still take a beating like the old ones did. Would be nice for some materials guy to suggest why they dropped it.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Ive got some interesting info from a friend at eurobike. He talked to a guy at Spinner booth and they are crazy enough to claim that people who buy and hype bos are silly because they are produced (fully, including internals contrary to what bos says) in their factory and therefore are not really better ;)

I wonder that if this is true - the internals are produced at spinner - where some of the high tolerance stuff that supposedly is there comes from? I doubt spinner.
I don't know whether any1 confirmed this gossip or not, but it seems to be true
http://www.cycletaiwan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30:bosspinner&Itemid=2

and the last paragraph here http://www.cycletaiwan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45:review-spinner-ammo-178-axle-tl-fork&catid=31:suspension&Itemid=71

BTW, my buddy has just bought this fork, disassembled it and told me that some internals parts were very precisely made.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I maybe stupid but can anyone explain this rotor to me? Im not sure if I should be interested or suprised.

It's aluminum with stainless braking surfaces bonded on and carbon inlaid in the larger cutouts. Dangerous and stupid.

From the same booth:
cable-to-hydro road bike rim brake with all the business packed into a dedicated stem. Seriously? WTF.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
wOOdy, I asked the lady what was the rotor for... She answered "for showing off" ;)