Quantcast

Eurobike 2016 Thread

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
MRP Upgrade Carts for Pike/ Boxxer

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/EUROBIKE-2017-Mountain-Bike-Components,10434/MRP-Ramp-Control-Upgrade-Cartridges,109353/sspomer,2#

Canyon Disconnect Project

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/EUROBIKE-2017-Downhill-Bikes-and-Gear,10432/Canyon-Disconnect-Project,109385/sspomer,2

"Inspired by the proven ability of a DH bike to perform well without a chain, Canyon sought to disconnect the drivetrain from the bike to improve suspension performance. When your weight is on the pedals of any full suspension bike, it influences how freely the suspension can perform due to pedal kickback. Canyon wanted to remove this influence from the drivetrain by using a mechanism inside the rear hub that disengages the freewheel ratchet, effectively decoupling the drivetrain from the bike. "

Sep 11, 2015
Saw this on my social feed. Some bike shop girl I know is pretty upset about it. Not sure why, except for her attention-seeking need to be constantly upset about something. It's tacky, but it's not that offensive, is it?

upload_2016-9-1_11-36-11.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seems like that would just make the spring curve even worse (increase bottom out ramp without increasing mid-stroke).
Sounds like the England Air dampers I had in an old White Brothers fork. Actually worked better than most other forks of the time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
that antidote is spectacular. I'm sure it's wildly expensive, A maintenance nightmare, and probably flexy as all get out (Considering the sunns were), but it's pretty close to exactly how I would design a bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that antidote is spectacular. I'm sure it's wildly expensive, A maintenance nightmare, and probably flexy as all get out (Considering the sunns were), but it's pretty close to exactly how I would design a bike.
But no backwards seatpost?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
is that really a thing though? Any sunn/lahar/zerode owners care to comment?
I'm speaking from experience.

Of course, the fact that that think had a sub 13" bb with 8" of travel didn't help. On the other hand, the bottom of the lower link was well below the bottom bracket shell, but not below the chainring. It looks like the one on the Antidote is.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
5000E for a frame isn't cheap. Supposedly they plan a normal rocker version which isn't one sided. That could help.