Quantcast

Evans vs Machida UFC

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
yup hughes by lay and pray

machida refuses to engage. that was his strategy. absolutely horrible. people gave leites **** for rolling to his back, machida is just as bad. the challenger should be the one pressing the champion, not the other way around
I just don't see what's wrong with this style. Yeah, it might not be Griffith/Bonnar, but it works.

When heard boos after 10 seconds, I was reminded when people saw grappling for the first time.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I remember when people first saw grappling too. They were always booing. All they wanted was a brawl. Like a bar fight. You watch PRIDE from back in the day and the arena's were always dead silent until something started to happen. And they liked the submissions more than the KO.

That guy that Drew beat was supposed to be favored for the win. At least that's what i thought. Damn, he got worked. That dude can take a punch though. He never got knocked out completely. He kept scrambling, but just couldn't do it.

It was great seeing Frankie Edgar pick apart Sherk. Man, his striking was impressive as hell. Same with his speed.

I don't know why people would boo at that Rashad/Machida fight. If you paid all of that money to watch a UFC live, wouldn't you at least know who the main fight is? I mean, come on. That fight had the potential to be one of the most boring fights ever. They should've expected that. It ended way quicker than i thought it would. Kinda funny seeing the look on Rashads face when he was getting his arse kicked. Looked like he was trying to talk some trash when he was getting hit and he just kept getting jacked.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Kinda funny seeing the look on Rashads face when he was getting his arse kicked. Looked like he was trying to talk some trash when he was getting hit and he just kept getting jacked.
The last few shots with his mouth open an full of blood was hardcore. The ragdoll KO was bad ass, though. No question who won at that point.

I think the tough thing for Dana White and the UFC is the fine line between true MMA sport and WWE style entertainment. Sort of why Americans can't handle soccer, most don't appreciate the skill and work because all they want is a score. Some of the best soccer games end in a 1-0 score.

I enjoy the tactical approach, but I also enjoy soccer.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Yeah, the americans just want to see blood and hear brains sloshin from the hard hits.

Man, when i was watching Machida fight, i was kinda wondering who exactly is going to knock him off the top. It's not going to be Jackson. Machida is going to pick him apart. Rashad might have a better chance the second time around if he gets back up to it. I wonder if they'll give Anderson a title fight if he beats Forrest and another fighter at 205?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So, one of my buddies is really into this stuff, and as a result I spent Saturday night at a sports bar full of crazy UFC fans watching this thing.
Mostly, it went as I figured, a bunch of mostly naked dudes laying on top of each other and barely any blood.
But then the knockout of black guy by asian guy happened and it was pretty cool. I've never seen an asian guy beat a black guy in anything except maybe ping pong, so I'll say it was worth watching. Watching dudes head whip around when he got knocked the **** out was worth a chuckle.

Edit: I guess this post proves Im an 'merican.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
So, one of my buddies is really into this stuff, and as a result I spent Saturday night at a sports bar full of crazy UFC fans watching this thing.
Mostly, it went as I figured, a bunch of mostly naked dudes laying on top of each other and barely any blood.
But then the knockout of black guy by asian guy happened and it was pretty cool. I've never seen an asian guy beat a black guy in anything except maybe ping pong, so I'll say it was worth watching. Watching dudes head whip around when he got knocked the **** out was worth a chuckle.

Edit: I guess this post proves Im an 'merican.
Hahaha. Yeah. The more you watch them, the more you'll understand what's going on with the ground game and the tactics. The ground game is the most interesting part of it when you actually have guys that have lots of grappling skills.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Since I don't have homo erotic tendencies, I don't see them as half naked guys. They are wearing the most appropriate outfit to do the job. They aren't shaved down like swimmers or cyclists.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Since I don't have homo erotic tendencies, I don't see them as half naked guys. They are wearing the most appropriate outfit to do the job. They aren't shaved down like swimmers or cyclists.
I have some homo erotic tendencies.......I shave my body once a month. Hell, even i still look at them as the best fighters in the world. I'm really glad that most of them don't wear the lycra stuff as much as they used to. That stuff did suck.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Nice GIF. +1

I read that Machida got $200,000 and a $60,000 winning bonus. Good for him. I remember watching a special on him when he was going to fight Tito. He was living in a ghetto arse motel with his wife when he moved from Brazil, broke as eff.
If he can beat Quinton, there won't be anybody in 205 that'll take his title anytime soon. Unless Anderson Silva decides to stick around in 205 long enough for a title shot if he can work his way up there. That would be his only threat right now.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:stupid:

Considering he's never even lost a round, it's hard to say someone will beat him. Evans only hit him a hand full of times. Even if you have crazy knockout power like Rampage, it's no good if you never connect.

I want to see McFedries fight Silva. I think that might be interesting at least.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
True. If Quinton can rush in and take him down, he might be able to lay and pray for a decision. He's so damn strong, that's about the only way he'd win though. Unless he connects with the lucky punch. But Machida doesn't have any weaknesses in his game.

geebus. mcfedries is awesome when he's on. I think Anderson would pick him apart. He's only one dimensional. But, it only takes that one hit. Good lord he was winding up far for some of those hits.

I'd like to see Drew fight Alexander Houston for a slugfest. Both just brawlers with major power.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd like to see Drew fight Alexander Houston for a slugfest. Both just brawlers with major power.
I think since McFedries moved down to 185, he's a lot faster. Huston Alexander would be the baddest 40 seconds in UFC history. I doubt it would go past a minute, tops.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I think since McFedries moved down to 185, he's a lot faster. Huston Alexander would be the baddest 40 seconds in UFC history. I doubt it would go past a minute, tops.
Aw hell. I didn't even notice that he was in 185. Geez. He's a huge 185. That guy that he whooped on was actually favored heavily to win. He got jacked up fast. Kept scramblin, but he was worked.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Aw hell. I didn't even notice that he was in 185. Geez. He's a huge 185. That guy that he whooped on was actually favored heavily to win. He got jacked up fast. Kept scramblin, but he was worked.
Not sure how many fights he's had at 185, but I agree, he's a natural 205. His shots were spot on, too. Kind of like when Nate Quarry first got in the UFC. Straight shots to the chin = done.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I just got the xbox game they were advertising. Pretty kickass.
I was wondering if that was any good. I had an old one on my PS2 a long time ago. It wasn't that great. It was ok since i'm a UFC fanatic. But it seemed like nobody else liked it. I'll have to check it out.