Quantcast

***Eve of Festivus GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Man, yesterday was rough, and I don't expect today to be any better. We know you had a choice in airlines, and you chose poorly.

In festivus miracle news, I was given christmas day off by the opposite shift supervisor. Not sure he should have, I wouldn't have, and I don't know if my actual supervisor knows it, but that's his problem. They are going to be super short handed tomorrow, and I don't care.

6-14 inches of snow predicted at monarch today/tonight. :banana:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Single digits freedum outside. Planning on laying some fatty tracks once the sun is up in an hour.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Too much rain yesterday = no riding today. Gonna get consistently below zero by Tuesday so frozen trails will be available. Just as well on bailing on riding today, got a few things left to do around the house. All toys that require assembly are assembled. Kids toys are 90% wrapped, have to do stockings and wrap the gifts for the wife.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Merry Christmas everyone, may the Baby Jeebus be with you tonight! :weee:
Got an early icy ride in before climbing temperatures and sun turn it to slush.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh man, my man-cold kept me up all night last night. Which is doubly annoying since the boy slept soundly through the night. Man-colds are the worst. :cray:

Now I have to shuttle my wife over to her friends place before taking the kids tobogganing with their cousins this afternoon.

Come on coffee... do your thing. :dead:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wife hogged the bed and blankets last night so I fled to another room where I had weird-ass dreams.

They are off to the Nutcracker mid day today so I will have a period of blissful respite.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I seem to have skipped coffee and went straight for the outmeal coffee stout. Ooops, not really sure what happened there.

Riding in on tap for today. Then buddy is smoking a turkey and going to enjoy more beers. Might repeat tomorrow?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what north cackalacky beer that is good can i send to my brother that he can not get at whole foods in colorado?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
what north cackalacky beer that is good can i send to my brother that he can not get at whole foods in colorado?
dunno what they get out there, but
triple c babymaker or noda hop drop n roll if he likes ipas; noda coco loco or birdsong mexicali stout if he likes dark beers. these are available here at most harris teeters, total wine, etc.
just about anything from burial in asheville is good - you can get it at brawleys on park rd.

time for a quick ride. hellz yeah.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ugh. 6 pm flight last night didn’t end up leaving until 11 pm.

Of course we were treated to a drunk woman loudly threatening her husband with divorce, police, lawyers and taking their baby away. She then turned her ire on the flight attendant who kicked her off the flight and tried to rouse the plane with cheers of support for her (nobody did). She finally left in a huff of tears proclaiming she was going to leave before people pulled out their phones and started recording her melt down.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
At work, waiting for customers to pick up their pieces.

No riding today since it rained a lot yesterday and last night. Tomorrow perhaps, if I'm not comatose from working 80+ hours this week.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
4" of powder on the ground
6 degrees freedum at the start
11.6 miles
2250ft of vert
About 50% longer to ride the loop than it does in the dry
But a whole lot of fun

20171224_082544.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I found IPA No.4 in a local packie. The numbered IPAs must be among the top 10 things to ever come from Canada. Holy Jeebus that beer is good. :drool:
I'm guessing it costs less down there too... Those tall cans are around $3.25-3.50 each up here.