Quantcast

Even more Moto love for the Hunnies!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Well, I figured afte seeing OCDH's post about her new toy, I should get off my lazy tail and get some pictures up of my new toy. Now that I don't have to keep the DH race bike in running order, I splurged on a new motorcycle!

Say hello to my new 2005 Honda CRF 250x! We just got back a couple weeks ago from a Moab vacation and man what a sweet bike! The ledge pictures are out on Bartlett's wash, and the other pic is at the top of Metal Masher. We had a blast!

Super nice bike, and it has tons of power! I did have to have is lowered 1.75 inches to get my toes to the ground, but in the process I also had the fork and rear shock custom valved and sprung for my weight. Best upgrade I've ever done to a bike. It is set up perfect!

The rear fender rack is only for long distance rides (I know, it's dorky!).

Attachments

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Nice!!! Man, I'm getting the itch to start riding on the dirt again! My family really wants to beat my a$$ over the street bikes...I can't imagine what will happen if I get a dirt bike again. They will disown me for sure...:dead:

OCDH

Chimp
Feb 5, 2002
Orange County, CA
Cool bike....even though it is RED....... just kidding - looks awesome! And your Moab pics are great - I wouldn't even begin to know how to ride that kind of terrain - stuff like that scares the sh*t out of me. I mainly ride tracks, which are generally the same every lap (unless they water the track of course, which makes it a whole different story!).

Cool that you were able to lower your bike. I cut down the seat on my '03 so that I could almost touch the ground flat footed, but I am leaving this one alone 'til I totally get it broken in and can see what I really need to do. It does make starting it a challange, especially when I'm tired - I have gotten cramps in my hip so bad I wasn't sure that I would ever walk again:(

Anyway, if you ever get down to SoCal, bring all your bikes and we will make dhjill go for a moto ride with us and then kill us on our mtb's:thumb:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
OCDH said:
Cool bike....even though it is RED....... just kidding - looks awesome! And your Moab pics are great - I wouldn't even begin to know how to ride that kind of terrain - stuff like that scares the sh*t out of me. I mainly ride tracks, which are generally the same every lap (unless they water the track of course, which makes it a whole different story!).

Cool that you were able to lower your bike. I cut down the seat on my '03 so that I could almost touch the ground flat footed, but I am leaving this one alone 'til I totally get it broken in and can see what I really need to do. It does make starting it a challange, especially when I'm tired - I have gotten cramps in my hip so bad I wasn't sure that I would ever walk again:(

Anyway, if you ever get down to SoCal, bring all your bikes and we will make dhjill go for a moto ride with us and then kill us on our mtb's:thumb:
Yeah, on the track I probably could have dealt with the height, but I still needed to get new springs and re-valve since I litereally didn't activate the suspension at all when I sat on it. I was getting zero sag! I mostly ride trail and now more desert so the height was a big deal. And I'm barely 5'4" tall.

I just have a thing for the red bikes, they've always treated me really good. But, literally everyone I ride with rides a Yamaha 400 or 426 so I know where you're coming from. Their bikes are bomber too, but their 250 was way taller than the honda model so it was pretty much out of the question.

We really want to do some cali riding so if we head down that way I'll let you know. It would be sweet to hook up and ride with you and Jill!

Oh, and now that I have a big kid bike, I'm thinking about taking it out and giving the track a try! So much trouble! I'll keep you posted on how that goes!