Quantcast

Even newer stuff at Bigfoot

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We had a work day here are the fruits of our labor... a new dirt jump section. Its opposite of the previous six pack on the other side of the start hill.

Scott X-UP

Scott's sequence clearing the dirt jumps on the course...

Cory

What can you say to this?????? :think:

Back to riding... only his second time on a mtn. bike, clearing the triple step-down

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i saw the crowd in the parking lot on the way home from w.r. that just kicks ass.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
motomike said:
:drool: damm you Doug! I need to buy a plane...
moto,
I know you were probably not serious about buying a plane;but.....
Hey if you DO hit the lotto & buy a plane i can pilot it..No crap man..
Single +multi-engine,seaplane,King Air 200,instument rated.
I even have some hours in a chopper but not certified in the chopper.
That's a dangerous job -i work in the mall again now !
----------------

Anyways-
Doug great pics once again, & nice work you guys building the jumps n stuff.............. I had fun out there today ! :cool:

Scotty--nice boosting that alternate line !
20" dude--nice clearing the stepdown !
& that powerslide shot of you Doug was excellent a while ago !

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay so next time im there i need to check out bigfoot. okay sounds like a plan. hey moto are you gonna be able to make it on the fifth cause im getting up there with a bunch of the guys. so if your comming before thanksgiving now is the time to do it man.

ohh and nice work profro.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
geese so i guess the camping trip is off for you then butch. but ill be there im getting up there as much as i feaking can. nashville sucks for dh ridding so windrock is he closes dh so expec me ther everyother weekend riding :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
SPUTNECK said:
Bizutch should shuttle everyone then.. :thumb:
dream on...... :thumb:
and I don't ride other people's problems...I mean bikes...so nobody even try to offer me a loaner in exchange for driving... :D :D
Oh well...good luck...I'll be somewhere deep in Pisgah on my hardtail riding the gnasty roots!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
profro said:
Hey dufus, hardtails rule at Bigfoot.
Mr. Miagi say:

Dufus no likey dirt jump. Dufus like to stay on ground and plow, like farmer. ;)

That place looks sweet. I got your PM, I will call you.
I may be stuck here like picking out paint chips or something. :confused:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
profro said:
Hey dufus, hardtails rule at Bigfoot.
Option 1: Drive 2.5 hours to Bigfoot and ride all day and maybe break a wrist...
Option 2: Ride in the deep, wet confines of the forbidding, rock and root infested forest that is Pisgah with the sound of my bike clanging and giggling like alittle school kid riding a roller coaster....

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Both of you vertically challenged fellas....

There is so much more to Bigfoot than dirt jumps. We have some killer berm trails, some small log rides, north shore fun, etc. Its enough to session all day without getting in the air or even bored. Think Mansell, but WAY better.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
profro said:
Both of you vertically challenged fellas....

There is so much more to Bigfoot than dirt jumps. We have some killer berm trails, some small log rides, north shore fun, etc. Its enough to session all day without getting in the air or even bored. Think Mansell, but WAY better.
think 5 hours round-trip worth of gasoline .....

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
SpaZwEll said:
What is the plan for the Nov. 4-5? Is it going to be a Saturday session @ WR and Sunday Bigfoot?
Oh, you think you got something for Bigfoot eh? ;)

The locals will jam Bigfoot on Saturday and then Windrock on Sunday. You coming up? You got a Yeti DJ didn't you? If so bring it. Bigfoot loves Yeti DJs.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Look like you guys had it going on Sunday Doug, wish I could have made it back. Did anybody else do the dirt jump to table on the course? Good pictures.
Weather permitting I will be there this Saturday.
Later,
Chris

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
CHepler said:
Look like you guys had it going on Sunday Doug, wish I could have made it back. Did anybody else do the dirt jump to table on the course? Good pictures.
Weather permitting I will be there this Saturday.
Later,
Chris
look at the pictures he posted... :D

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
for the longest time now i've been driving past on the way to w.r. and i would always look over and see a dead and abandoned parking lot. knowing the potential that was just up in there. now i drive past and rarely see an empty lot. i see cars and trucks and bikes. you may not be the only one building in there, but you were the spark. it gives you a good feeling inside to create a place that allows for good times, doesn't it?

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Yes, I did. I will bring both bikes, then. I am nursing two injuries, (hand, and stiches in knee). But, the dj needs to have some fun... :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Chris, No only Scott was hitting it. I really want to try it, but yesterday wasn't the day.

Spaz, Injuries.... phffffftt. :tongue: You bring those hillbilly teeth of yours and I'll have the Nathans on the grill. ;)

Joey, As much as I'm a DH racer boy ;) I just love the social aspect of sessioning dirt jumps. These last couple of weekends have been great out there. You should stop by. We have a few rock sections that are a blast on a DH9. Plus maybe you could eye out some new lines.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Damn, I might have to bring the 20 for the 19th/20th weekend. Scratch that, I might have to quit my job and move out there before the 19th/20th weekend.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
we all have a little "racerboy" in us.or else we wouldn't have so much fun trying to chase down the guy in front of you or gap the guy behind you. and why on earth would you think i would want to ride my bike over rocks? i'll get by soon so you can give me the tour.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
and most of em are just that, crap. there that's 100. does that make me faster now?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
MoodDude said:
I was at Bigfoot about a month ago. Who cleared all the weeds? Looks like they did a good job.
Chris Helper, Mike Seymore, and myself.

The course was raked by Chris, myself, Matt Wiz, Mark, Jason, and Cole last Saturday.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
profro said:
Chris Helper, Mike Seymore, and myself.

The course was raked by Chris, myself, Matt Wiz, Mark, Jason, and Cole last Saturday.
Come on Doug
CHepler = Chris Hepler
Spell check won't catch that one