Quantcast

Ever been on a conference call that's..............

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
A total waste of your time!???? ARGH

What a friggin waste of time!!!!

There is no agenda for this meeting and it is going all over the place and there is absolutely no structure.

I'm supposed to be looking at a list - but no one thought to get it to me.

My office is 45 minutes to an hour from our Foundation building, so I conference in. I guess it is better that I didn't drive all the way out to this USELESS meeting.:mad:

Thank God I can surf the monkey at least! :p :D

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
That sounds like 75% of the meetings I attend. I'm at the point now where I look forward to conference calls so that I can surf RM. Most conference calls around here involve one person blah-blah-blahing. If you chime in with a "yep" or "ok" or "uh-huh," no one knows the difference.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Tweek
That sounds like 75% of the meetings I attend. I'm at the point now where I look forward to conference calls so that I can surf RM. Most conference calls around here involve one person blah-blah-blahing. If you chime in with a "yep" or "ok" or "uh-huh," no one knows the difference.
Ha Ha - that's exactly what I was doing because the meeting was pointless. At one point they asked if I was still there!

"Yeah I am still here but I can't figure out why I need to be!"

J

JRB

We used to do tech bridges at my old job and they were horrible. The programmers or techs would try to resolve issues while being bashed with stupid questions. I particularly liked when we would talk about hardware failures for 2 days before the tech was allowed to go to the division to replace it. It was really fun when the management would start trying to speak techie. They would screw it all up. :)

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Ever had to take notes on a five-hour conference call that's between six people? Jeebus!!!!! (With two five-minute breaks.)

I ask, "What am I supposed to note?"
They reply, "Anything that's sounds important."

Zeke

Chimp
May 18, 2003
Big D fo shizzle!
One time my dipsh!t manager made my whole team travel to Minnesota in December for a meeting that could have been done over the phone. Not sure but that might have been worse.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Fortunately since I left a gigantic insurance company and started working at a hospital, pointless meetings and conference calls don't happen very often. I have been on conference calls here where my attendance was not really required, so I'd mute my phone, go to the bathroom, go get a cup of coffee, then come back to the call and no one knew I was gone. :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Fortunately since I left a gigantic insurance company and started working at a hospital, pointless meetings and conference calls don't happen very often. I have been on conference calls here where my attendance was not really required, so I'd mute my phone, go to the bathroom, go get a cup of coffee, then come back to the call and no one knew I was gone. :D
You are one sneeky Baboon!:D