Quantcast

Ever felt like helping out a disoriented Swedish guy? Here's your chance!

Discussion in 'The South' started by Yeik, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Yeik

Yeik Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Okay, so I'm here as an exchange student from Sweden for a year, been half-time riding since i was ten (eight years ago), always FS and usually hillsprint/DH - now I've sold my frame and will be getting a new HT bike together this weekend. I'm thinking it will work out pretty nice with the new bike - try to start riding a little urban for a change.

Now - I'm in a small town in South East missouri. No-one I've met so far has ever heard about the word mountainbike, most people don't own bicycles at all. Adding that to the fact that I think it's gonna take me a while to get used to the new rig (haven't owned a hardtail since I got my first FS when I was ten)- I'm feeling like I'm gonna be pretty lost whenever I get to start riding the bike.

So, what I'm wondering about is - where do I look for races and assemblies around here? Is there any other riders in this area that would like to meet up sometime?

#1 -   Oct 3, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dirtyamerican

dirtyamerican Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    www.stlfreeride.com

That's the site for St. Louis freeriding....that's the closest I can think of. There is a DH race series that goes on in OK, MO, and AR but it's in limbo right now.

#2 -   Oct 3, 2005
  3. DNA

DNA The human raccoon

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Where are you at in SeMo? Dustin, the guy who runs Cyclewerx in Cape Girardeau used to ride street when he lived in Columbia.

Rampriders skatepark is a fun place to ride in StL.

There is a dual slalom course in Columbia.

None of those places are very close to you, but that is what I know.

4. Yeik

Yeik Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    thanks for the responses guys - I'm gonna check those thing out!