Quantcast

Ever Play the Brake Check game?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
LOOnatic said:
I gotta admit that i'm guilty of tapping a riding partner brake when we're climbing so that they stall out or whatever and that way no one is going to flip OTB .
Usually it provokes a good chase for sh1ts and giggles....
Juevenile yes but i would only do it to someone i know pretty good.
:stupid:

there's a lot of uptight people in this thread.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I like to go for the road shift game, particular in our indoor trainer sessions. Crashing someone on the road, not so good.

menachite

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
The All American Valley
My two all time favorites:

1) Lockout forks/shocks when the rider is not paying attention.

2) If someone stops and takes off their Camelbak for a break and they aren't paying attention I usually take the opportunity to see what they can carry for the rest of the ride without noticing. Some people have gotten back to the car to take their keys out only to find a nice big rock in their pack.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
menachite said:
My two all time favorites:

1) Lockout forks/shocks when the rider is not paying attention.

2) If someone stops and takes off their Camelbak for a break and they aren't paying attention I usually take the opportunity to see what they can carry for the rest of the ride without noticing. Some people have gotten back to the car to take their keys out only to find a nice big rock in their pack.
rocks down the seat tube is also a fun one.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Yeah i like coming up on some and cracking them in the kidneys with my tire pump.

Some of you guys are d!cks. I guess if you know someone well enough...whatever. That is still a pretty sh!tty thing to do to a "friend".

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
menachite said:

I'm sooooooooo Using that!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
beestiboy said:
Yeah i like coming up on some and cracking them in the kidneys with my tire pump.

Some of you guys are d!cks. I guess if you know someone well enough...whatever. That is still a pretty sh!tty thing to do to a "friend".

OK, first of all, take the stick out of your ass :)

Its all in fun and games. I've never seen anyone get hurt from it. I mean, especially when we are riding street, we are wearing pads, and beyond that, cause ourselves to fall off the bike! Hell, sometimes we'll be riding down the street, and somone will just shove someone else to see if they can regain their balance. We all think thats pretty funny. Even if someone did fall, we all wear pads, so it wouldn't hurt.

I ride my bike to have fun with my friends, no to be uptight and follow the rules

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i m very familiar with this 'game'... i reckon it blows...

if anyone did it to me (front brake - me OTB), then they can look forward to my game in the very near future, 'stick in the front spokes'...

it s craaaazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy :nopity:

chinese DH is another story :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
partsbara said:
i m very familiar with this 'game'... i reckon it blows...

if anyone did it to me (front brake - me OTB), then they can look forward to my game in the very near future, 'stick in the front spokes'...

it s craaaazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy :nopity:

chinese DH is another story :)
well that's a good thing to keep in mind, because you nutty aussies run yr levers reverse to the US standard, so i'd probably grab yr front brake by accident. :help: