Quantcast

Ever realize you have way too much Music

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I just did, My neice will be heading home soon, as in tommorrow night, she has been living with us for abotu three months now, her Family moved to PA, and she stayed with us to finish up the school year, anyways, she asked me kindly tonight If I could put some new music on her MP3 player for her, so I grabbed the external, plugged it in......... and Damn, I have a ton of music, litterally, I have 69 gigs of MP3's. well, 69.4 to be closer to exact, but Man I didnt realize how much Music I had accumulated over the years. I am making some new cd's tonight.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
No. There is no such thing. There could be if you like crappy stuff. Too much Zamfir, celebrity recordings (Like David Hasselhoff, William Shatner or Leonard Nimoy albums...) or bad vigilante style country...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think i have 10 days worth of music on my ipod before i hear the same song again....waiting for narlus to chime in.

i have more movies/tv sh*t to go onmy ipod than music...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
this was taken 18 months ago...i've bought a few items since then
. since i've concluded that cds are increasingly becoming obsolete, i buy the vinyl format whenever i can.

as far as mp3s go, i don't have a total but it's well over 130K songs (included in that are a bunch of bootlegs and live recordings), spread out over a few external drives.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MP3 players are great but I think compressed formats are killing music. I bought several songs on iTunes for the first time and thought the quality was ****ing horrible. Bought the CD and it was 10X better. When I rip my own I do it at high sampling rates, although acceptable the quality difference is still noticeable.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Narlus - Vinyl FTW. I need to get a USB turntable.

Westy - I learned very quickly to always check the bitrates on stuff on the iTunes store before you buy it.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I just did, My neice will be heading home soon, as in tommorrow night, she has been living with us for abotu three months now, her Family moved to PA, and she stayed with us to finish up the school year, anyways, she asked me kindly tonight If I could put some new music on her MP3 player for her, so I grabbed the external, plugged it in......... and Damn, I have a ton of music, litterally, I have 69 gigs of MP3's. well, 69.4 to be closer to exact, but Man I didnt realize how much Music I had accumulated over the years. I am making some new cd's tonight.

Holy run on sentence. Have your niece teach you proper grammar. :D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Goddamn Fuggin Grammar Police...... STFU.

ABout the Compression killing the quality, Yeah it does, most of what I have I also have on CD. I set my pograms for a HI bit rate when I rip them to the hard drive, my normal routine is to buy a CD, come home and rip it to the harddrive, copy the cd to another cd, and put the proginal back in the case on the shelf.

Some of what I have is lower bit rate, and its noticable when it comes on.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MP3 players are great but I think compressed formats are killing music. I bought several songs on iTunes for the first time and thought the quality was ****ing horrible. Bought the CD and it was 10X better. When I rip my own I do it at high sampling rates, although acceptable the quality difference is still noticeable.
it's not just the file compression...it's also the compression used during recording/mastering, so everything is 'hot' and sounds loud. this is a common scourge of cds. it basically fatigues the listener unnaturally.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Creed, at anything less than full quality, is just not as...heavenly?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Creed, at anything less than full quality, is just not as...heavenly?
Somewhat commonly known Fact: Music has been used as a means of torture at detention facilities (Guantanamo Bay, etc). It is played 23 hours a day.

Little known fact: The only band's music that was successful in obtaining confessions from detainees was Creed.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I miss perusing narlus' library on that iTunes library sharing program...it took FOREVER to load but was so worth it.

Latest new band I are enjoying: El Ten Eleven. Postrocky goodness. And while everyone is waving their pirated music cocks, 125gb here...need moar vinyl.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
55K+ songs, ~350GB of music. 120GB ipod.

Was never a fan of itunes until they added the "genius" feature to the ipod. Now I have my own radio station.