Quantcast

Ever run into Mushroom Poachers?

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
For you guys who ride in the Pacific NORTHWEST, have you ever been riding in the woods and run into those scary Matsutake Mushroom Picker/poachers who carry arms and are very territorial? Like to hear your story.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
The only mushroom poaching I was ever involved with took place during college in cow pastures after midnight on midsummer full and new moons. Psilocybe cubensis and psilocybe cyanisis, to be precise. :evil:

MikeOK

Monkey
Nov 29, 2002
twelve
I did one time. I assume you are talking about the cow patty hallucingenic mushrooms. Some dude was way back in the woods driving a VW van. He stopped me and babbled something incoherent and had an odd look in his eyes. I just rode away and giggled, found out later what he was up to...

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
I was actually talking about matsutake mushrooms & the people willing to shoot you for them.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Havnt seen those kind of dudes around here. I did come up on a MASSIVE outcropping of morels a few years back...Was riding as stripped down as possible. NO WAY to get them back in any shape that would be usefull:( . Havnt seen a single one since:mad: