Quantcast

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
From 3/4/10. Something quite unusual for your perusal:

Testing drops, jumps, speed, maneuverability and even some super smooth cable cam shots! Everything is MUCH more of a challenge on this huge wheel, but FUN!!! :thumb:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Never seen one on the trail. I have seen a red haired hippy kid show up to the skate park on one though. He had a smaller one too. He was droppin in. Pretty crazy. I've tried to ride a uni before. Hard as eff.

That vid is pretty impressive. But it's still a unicycle. They look pretty damn dorky no matter what you're doing on them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A couple of dudes rode uni's in a local 18 hour race. I didn't see the point as they generally were moving slower than walking speed.

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Haha, thanks "bud", but I'm already a long-time member with 10,000+ posts. I just like spreadin' the word about this awesome sport!

Maybe someday, I'll get some sponsors, publicity like newspapers, web profiles, magazines, TV, radio, even maybe be profiled in a book...wait a minute...I already have! http://unigeezer.com/?page_id=73
:rofl::):D:p:thumb::weee:

There used to be a couple of guys at N* that would ride these on the trails.
Personally, aside from the cool of being on a uni, I found them as annoying as fvck. They couldn't modulate very well, and never got out of the way. Finally I just ran one down. Stopped seeing them after that. A dick move to be sure, but there's a time and a place.
I love you to try that with me pal!

A couple of dudes rode uni's in a local 18 hour race. I didn't see the point as they generally were moving slower than walking speed.
I routinely hit 15-18mph on mine, and pass bikes on the uphill grinds. You guys have gears to help you climb, and can coast on flat and dh. I can't. I'm pedaling 100% of the time with no gears or coasting. Half the bike, twice the work out, 10x the fun! :)

Last edited:

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Never seen one on the trail. I have seen a red haired hippy kid show up to the skate park on one though. He had a smaller one too. He was droppin in. Pretty crazy. I've tried to ride a uni before. Hard as eff.

That vid is pretty impressive...
Thanks! :)

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Unicycling: The ultimate attention whore sport
No, just a damn good promoter of the sport! Please don't be petty and jealous about it, haha! The main objective is to get the word out that extreme unicycling is a legit SPORT, and takes heightened levels of skill, balance, strength, stamina, laser focus, dedication, and not a small amount of intestinal fortitude! :thumb:

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
I wanna have children some day. No Unic-cycling for me.
Haha, BIKING is waaaaaay worse for sperm count, as you are ON the saddle much more! With MUni, I am up OFF the saddle more than on it, and always 100% weight on pedals when doing drops, jumps and riding over rough terrain. But I'm happy to educate the non-uni riders with their common misconceptions and stereotypes. :D:):rolleyes::p:thumb::weee:

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Thanks to all the "Ride Monkeys". Now go out and enjoy your two-wheelers and have a nice relaxing coast down the hills, and gears o'plenty to help you climb, handle bars to rest on, and those two wheels so you don't have to worry about balance. You have it too easy...unless of course, you're doing this:

Seriously though, bikes are awesome, and so is MUni. It's ALL good! Just love what you do and be happy! :)

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Thanks to all the "Ride Monkeys". Now go out and enjoy your two-wheelers and have a nice relaxing coast down the hills, and gears o'plenty to help you climb, handle bars to rest on, and those two wheels so you don't have to worry about balance. You have it too easy...unless of course, you're doing this:
Seriously though, bikes are awesome, and so is MUni. It's ALL good!

Props to you for enjoying your hobby, but I don't get the appeal of pedaling like a hampster on speed to go down a hill. It's quirky and interesting at most, but I think there's a reason people aren't flocking the crazy world of mountain unicycling....

And all this time I have tried to balance on my bike. Apparantly it's not needed.

Last edited:

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Great Video. I'm still trying to learn to ride the dam thing one of these days I'll figure it out .

I rode with this guy one day and it was really impressive.

That looks like Kris Holm, and I've ridden with him as well. He's the best!

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Props to you for enjoying your hobby, but I don't get the appeal of pedaling like a hampster on speed to go down a hill. It's quirky and interesting at most, but I think there's a reason people aren't flocking the crazy world of mountain unicycling....

And all this time I was worried about balance on a bike. Apparantly it's not needed.
It is, but just way more on one wheel. And we in the Uni-community love the fact that we're not mainstream! We like being "UNIque!"

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Good on you UniGeezer for loving your sport and sticking up for it here. I mean that, it's cool you are getting it out there.

I have always wanted to try it in the street, but never on the mtn. It just looks wrong.

We have a couple guys here who ride mountain boards. They love their sport too, but are just plain retarded.

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Good on you UniGeezer for loving your sport and sticking up for it here. I mean that, it's cool you are getting it out there.

I have always wanted to try it in the street, but never on the mtn. It just looks wrong.
Thanks! :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
this thread does kinda stink now... I guess this is the "Kinder, gentler Ridemonkey" ? stinks though that people can't speak their opinion, if they don't like something...

juss sayin.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
this thread does kinda stink now... I guess this is the "Kinder, gentler Ridemonkey" ? stinks though that people can't speak their opinion, if they don't like something...

juss sayin.
:rolleyes:

I hadn't seen this thread until just now, but I'm sorry, after reading a bunch of the deleted responses it doesn't have anything to do with a "kinder, gentler Ridemonkey."

A bunch of people were being unpleasant for no other reason than to be unpleasant. Since when have we ever encouraged that here? I would expect that response out of a bunch of 12-year-olds. The responses basically boiled down to, "Unicycling, LOL. What a bitch."

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

I hadn't seen this thread until just now, but I'm sorry, after reading a bunch of the deleted responses it doesn't have anything to do with a "kinder, gentler Ridemonkey."

A bunch of people were being unpleasant for no other reason than to be unpleasant. Since when have we ever encouraged that here? I would expect that response out of a bunch of 12-year-olds. The responses basically boiled down to, "Unicycling, LOL. What a bitch."
Is there a list of subjects where ridicule is OK? We wouldn't want any delicate flowers to have their feelings hurt unnecessarily.

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Is there a list of subjects where ridicule is OK? We wouldn't want any delicate flowers to have their feelings hurt unnecessarily.
I don't mind negative, petty, juvenile, and non-constructive diatribes by individuals, who are most likely ignorant, jealous and resentful that they themselves lack the skills that others have.

I don't mind, simply because the vast majority of comments I've received-countless thousands-and continue to receive, via emails, thread replies, PMs, and on the trail, are overwhelmingly positive, supportive and encouraging. :D

"Ya know ya, can't please everyone, so ya, gotta please yourself"
-Ricky Nelson

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How about following, you know, really basic social guidelines like, if a normal, reasonable person posts up bike related content about the hobby they're interested in or passionate about, there shouldn't be 20 friggin' people who jump on him saying, "LOL U FAG!!$$!!11"

I seriously cannot understand what the issue is here.

Are you guys such social mutants that you can't differentiate between giving Burly a hard time when he posts up a deliberately funny and self-deprecating story about getting a massage from a manly-looking woman, or harassing someone in the political forum who is completely gone from reality, and piling on with nasty comments when a new user posts a riding video of themselves and says "hey guys, I thought you might enjoy this!"

There's a whole grey area between being a douchebag and just having a barbed sense of humor, and this situation falls nowhere near the grey area.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

Are you kidding me, did you read the guy's posts?

Now go out and enjoy your two-wheelers and have a nice relaxing coast down the hills, and gears o'plenty to help you climb, handle bars to rest on, and those two wheels so you don't have to worry about balance.
Maybe someday, I'll get some sponsors, publicity like newspapers, web profiles, magazines, TV, radio, even maybe be profiled in a book...wait a minute...I already have!
Clearly he is trolling/whoring or whatever.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
How about following, you know, really basic social guidelines like, if a normal, reasonable person posts up bike related content about the hobby they're interested in or passionate about, there shouldn't be 20 friggin' people who jump on him saying, "LOL U FAG!!$$!!11"

I seriously cannot understand what the issue is here.
You really can't understand why a whole lot of mtbikers aren't interested in a noob sprouting off about something only peripherally related to the sport? He posted to see what people thought and he was told. Think your cap is screwed on a little tight about this BV I'm afraid. You aren't being blackmailed by clowns by any chance, are you?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I don't mind negative, petty, juvenile, and non-constructive diatribes by individuals, who are most likely ignorant, jealous and resentful that they themselves lack the skills that others have.

I don't mind, simply because the vast majority of comments I've received-countless thousands-and continue to receive, via emails, thread replies, PMs, and on the trail, are overwhelmingly positive, supportive and encouraging. :D

"Ya know ya, can't please everyone, so ya, gotta please yourself"
-Ricky Nelson
lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No offense to you or BV, but in my opinion your 'sport' has no appeal to me, but neither does figure skating or pairs diving and i hear those take amazing amounts of skill. No jealousy or resentment, just no care...

Last edited:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
you can't differentiate between giving Burly a hard time when he posts up a deliberately funny and self-deprecating story about getting a massage from a manly-looking woman,
Look pal, I've done alot of f*cked up stuff in my day, but I ain't never deprecated on nobody, least of all myself. That's just nasty.

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Are you kidding me, did you read the guy's posts?

Clearly he is trolling/whoring or whatever.
You left out the rest of my quote. In Context, the selective snippet of my quote you posted was totally tongue in cheek. Obviously you either didn't get the humor, or purposely ignored it in an unwarranted effort to flame me.

Seriously though, bikes are awesome, and so is MUni. It's ALL good! Just love what you do and be happy!

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WOW....BIKE CONTENT on RIDEMONKEY. What a novel idea.

I think the video is cool. Of course, if I didn't like it I would probably not reply to the thread, but I'm funny like that.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hey, i know that trail. i probably saw part of that video getting filmed and didn't even know it...

still just rockin my 24" and still not comfy on dirt with it.