Quantcast

ever sent a watch in to Nike Watch Repair?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm going to send in my 5yr old ACG Ascent Compass, Lance edition to get a new battery, and am wondering what the turn-around time is, and what the cost is. anyone know, by chance?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
i'm going to send in my 5yr old ACG Ascent Compass, Lance edition to get a new battery, and am wondering what the turn-around time is, and what the cost is. anyone know, by chance?
While I'm sure some people can give you their experiences, repair places often have extreme variations in turn-around times depending on how many orders they currently have.

After you get input from the monkeys, it would probably be prudent to give the repair facility a call and ask what they're currently looking at for turn-around times.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh, and the reason I mention it is because I've had a couple watches that needed to be sent in for battery replacement - a Fossil and some watch I had when I was 13 (can't remember the brand - and both companies had big variation in the time the repair took.

The Fossil took about a week once, and almost three weeks the second time. The other watch was a similar deal - got it back very quickly once, and very slowly one other time.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
rooftest said:
Just take it to a watch repair place - they can do it in 5 minutes.
That's not true for all watches. I'm pretty sure he would've done that if it was an option.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
dfinn said:
That's not true for all watches. I'm pretty sure he would've done that if it was an option.
Perhaps they won't be able to fix electronic problems with it but a "Watch repair shop" should be able to replace the battery??

They are after all qualified tradsmen trained and skilled at tinkering with the damm things. :confused:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DaveW said:
Perhaps they won't be able to fix electronic problems with it but a "Watch repair shop" should be able to replace the battery??

They are after all qualified tradsmen trained and skilled at tinkering with the damm things. :confused:
Actually, most watch repair shops run into problems with heavily waterproofed watches. If watches are more than "watertight" or "water resistant", they generally need to be pressurized when the battery is changed (so says the watch guy I took my last watch to).

Regardless of why, most watch repair shops can't change the battery on waterproof watches.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I sent the same watch in for battery replacement. I think it was $10 or $15 bucks (link on nike site) and I had it back in about a week. The local shops wouldn't touch it due to special seals or something.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
dan-o said:
I sent the same watch in for battery replacement. I think it was $10 or $15 bucks (link on nike site) and I had it back in about a week. The local shops wouldn't touch it due to special seals or something.
Don't worry, they're quick and it's not too expensive. I've done it twice. (My Nike watch is almost 8 years old now.)