Quantcast

Ever spit out a weird yellow-white ball thing that stank?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Okay, this is totally disgusting, I know... but it also happens to lots of people... so I'm posting about it. Do not read it if you are squeamish or if you just ate or are about to...

Ever had a weird, stinky yellow-white ball thing come from the depths of your mouth?

Here's my overdramatic (?) version of this unfortunate part of being a human with tonsils: Don't Smush It, Parts I and II

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i get them rather often, maybe once a month. its awful. I can see them in the depths of my tonsils but cant get them out with my fingers or anything. I have to hack them out.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I Are Baboon said:
This is making me want to eat some hard-boiled eggs.

Just don't eat an egg in the office, especially an old egg.

Actual transcript from yesterday's e-mails between my boss and I:

Me: What was that smell when I left your office and Julie was walking in? It wasn’t me, I swear!

My boss: Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I know, BUT for a split second I was all, OH MY GOD! JENN FARTED AND BOLTED OUT OF THE OFFICE TO LEAVE ME WITH THE SMELL!!!!!!!!
I went up and down the hall. It was Pam’s egg.

BS: Never had mono, thank God.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
That is some funny stuff right there CJS! I get those things all the time. I know better than to smoosh them but morbid curosity makes me do it everytime. Smells like death I tell ya.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
jdschall said:
That is some funny stuff right there CJS! I get those things all the time. I know better than to smoosh them but morbid curosity makes me do it everytime. Smells like death I tell ya.
I can still remember the first time I got one of these. I must have been 8, on a lake trip in Maine. While sitting on a dock, the nastiest little white ball crawled up my throat and ended up on the tip of my tounge. Not knowing what it was, I crushed in IN MY MOUTH with my tounge. It was about as confusing as the first time I woke up after one of "those" dreams, except this time I puked.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
sam_little said:
I can still remember the first time I got one of these. I must have been 8, on a lake trip in Maine. While sitting on a dock, the nastiest little white ball crawled up my throat and ended up on the tip of my tounge. Not knowing what it was, I crushed in IN MY MOUTH with my tounge. It was about as confusing as the first time I woke up after one of "those" dreams, except this time I puked.
BWahahahahaha!!!:dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Splats smiley wins.

I have never had a "tonsil stone" and until 5 minutes ago never knew such things existed. Nasty, just another reason for me to avoid humans.

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
luckily i got my tonsils out when i was younger, but my mom finds it incredibly funny to spit hers in a tissue and put it near me when im not paying attention. that evil scorpion woman

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've always called mine throat pears, although mine are pretty dinky and rarely do i have the displeasure of hacking them up. Maybe twice a year? i usually take the rare opportunity to spread mine on toast with some ear wax.

Oh yah. This is the grossest RM thread of all time.