Quantcast

Ever try this line on a telemarketer??

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I just got a call back from an organic farmer to double check some information about his products for an upcoming article. I answer the phone to hear...
"Sorry I just missed you. I'm busy castrating a cow right now, so I don't know how well I can hear you [mooing in background]. And I'm having some trouble holding the phone"

splat

Nam I am
Lately I have been having some fun with them, tell them to stop . and ask them what type of bike they ride. ( this really confusses them. ) and I have told them it is really important that I know this. most of them say they dont have a Bike , at which point I get on there case that they need one and that is the problem with america today . but I had one girl who told me she had a Bike she got from Sears back in Middle school that she road around the college campus and even rode it to this job. I Told her to go down to her local bike shop and get a Trek 4500 , then call me back and I'd arrange a Bike tour for her. She said Ok and Thanks and that she'd call me back and hung up!! She sounded very confussed. That was about 3 months ago, she still hasn't called back.

I think I will ask them if they know who won the Tour de France. that shoulkd add some confussion I wonder if they will know ?

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
So, if you want to f&^k with a telemarketer, there is a good way to do it.

They can always hang up on you EXCEPT when you are asking for information from them that they are required by law to provide.

Start by askings "what is the name of your business"? Then ask them to spell it out.

Ask for the mailing address, ask them to spell it out.

Ask for the phone number that customers can call to resolve issues (not their extension, which they don't have to give you).

Just do it real slow and ask them to repeat it a lot.

Drives them nuts and by law they can't hang up on you - they have to provide it.

Somewhere online there is a list of questions they have to answer, it can eat up 5-10 minutes of their life, which is WAY more torture for them than you.

If you pretend to be drunk while you are asking questions it's even more fun.