Quantcast

Ever wonder what happens when you dump a bucket of liquid nitrogen into a pool?

splat

Nam I am
Liquid N2 is fun to play with . When I worked at MIT we had a 5000 Gallon tank of the stuff in the back of the building I worked it. several time I would gover on a Saturday Night ( I had keys to the lab ) and get a Gallon or 2 , made great frozen drinks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Would have been much more interestng if the dude dumped the bucket all over his crotch.

Can you say shrinkage?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
SkaredShtles said:
That appeared to be a Star Trek conference............ :think:
Whoa! They have confereces now? I'd heard about the conventions, but seriously, this is getting out of hand.

splat

Nam I am
valve bouncer said:
Would have been better if it was a big lump of sodium.
Thinking about it , if they had a Lump of sodium in the liquid N2 let it get good and frozen down the the temp of the N2 ( about -70 degrees C ) the Sodium would take a moment to warm up ( sodium does not react with so it would have to get to 0 degrees C before it would react ) and in the time it would sink to the bottom of the pool, , then KFB and water would be flying! that would be cool, And ass some hot chicks in T shirst and YAH!!

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
wow i would hate to be the guy who carries it to the pool, it would suck to get that stuff on you (freeze your hands off)