Quantcast

Ever wonder what is going on behind you while riding? Isn't a mirror good enough?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Apparently, good old fashioned mirrors are not good enough anymore.

Enter the Cervellum Bike Digital Rearview Mirror

The Cervellum Bike Digital Rearview Mirror keeps you safer on your bike. The Cervellum may just save your life if your enjoy one of those bikers who enjoy biking on the street or if there just isn't a sidewalk. Example: You are now able to pull onto the shoulder when a huge truck is swerving over the side line. The Cervellum is only a prototype so far, but it will cost about $200 when it hits production. And supposedly it may be able to support GPS and heart rate info one day!
I just.... don't know what to say

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't know... we spend ridiculous amounts of money on bike parts, $200 to have a perfectly clear view of what's going on behind you in a convenient location (can be visible during the whole ride instead of checking mirrors) and what looks like an integrated bike computer - people who commute every day, seems like a small price.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Agree. Looks like a useful piece of gear, especially if the computer is integrated, and considering what those cost anyway, 200 bones isnt so bad. I wouldnt buy one, but I wouldnt knock someone who did.