Quantcast

Everyone is a GM Employee!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I wonder if that deal is better than IMBA's Subaru deal. Does the GM employee discount beat the dealer invoice price? IMBA's deal lets you buy any Subaru at dealer invoice.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
Too bad Toy won't offer the same deals... I could never buy a GM/Ford/Dodge anything.
Toyota doesn't have to offer this kind of deal; they actually make quality products that sell based on their own merits, not incentive programs :D :p

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
N8 said:
Too bad Toy won't offer the same deals... I could never buy a GM/Ford/Dodge anything.
I'd like to use a :stupid: smiley here, but my wife really likes the Ford Explorer, much to my chagrin. So when it comes time to get another vehicle, we'll probably get another Explorer. :stosh:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I Are Baboon said:
I'd like to use a :stupid: smiley here, but my wife really likes the Ford Explorer, much to my chagrin. So when it comes time to get another vehicle, we'll probably get another Explorer. :stosh:
deathtrap.

seriously.

i drive to new york twice a month or to VT in the winter and every single time I'm delayed an hour because of a rolled Explorer, Navigator, or Expedition. I'm surprised they're even allowed to sell them given the rollover rate...

In fairness I have once been delayed by a rolled 4-Runner as well.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I Are Baboon said:
IMBA's deal lets you buy any Subaru at dealer invoice.
My wife has the same deal through the American Speech-Lanugage Hearing Association (she's a speech therapist) - you get "invoice" pricing, but that's not what the dealer paid for the car, wholesale on the car (or at least the '05 Impreza wagon I looked at) is about $500-$1000 less than the "invoice" price.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Barbaton said:
deathtrap.

seriously.

i drive to new york twice a month or to VT in the winter and every single time I'm delayed an hour because of a rolled Explorer, Navigator, or Expedition. I'm surprised they're even allowed to sell them given the rollover rate...

In fairness I have once been delayed by a rolled 4-Runner as well.
Well you can't fault the vehicle entirely for bad drivers. My wife is very careful behind the wheel and I don't think she would ever roll her Explorer.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Wow thats so cool the discount their junk :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ,so here again some one effs you and does not even kiss you :sneaky: :sneaky: :think: :think: they should give their cars away for demolition derbys ..

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I Are Baboon said:
I wonder if that deal is better than IMBA's Subaru deal. Does the GM employee discount beat the dealer invoice price? IMBA's deal lets you buy any Subaru at dealer invoice.

Yes it beats it. Just like an "EP" program in the biking industry, as employees of a given manufacturer (or their franchised dealerships) our purchases are subsidized by the factory.

SIMPLIFIED Example

I am going to buy a Ford Escape. The Escape costs (all inclusive)the dealer $20,000. Well the "plan" price for me to buy that vehicle is $19000. So I pay 19000, the dealership originally looses $1,000, but then Ford turns around and pays the dealership ~ $1100 making selling the vehicle to me (as an employee) NOT a loss.

The IMBA program is not subsidized (to my knowledge), it is a flat pricing plan where the dealership still makes a very small margin.

binary visions said:
Toyota doesn't have to offer this kind of deal; they actually make quality products that sell based on their own merits, not incentive programs :D :p
Toyota does have factory incentives to both customers and directly to dealers, but other then that your post was spot on :eviltongu

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Andyman_1970 said:
My wife has the same deal through the American Speech-Lanugage Hearing Association (she's a speech therapist) - you get "invoice" pricing, but that's not what the dealer paid for the car, wholesale on the car (or at least the '05 Impreza wagon I looked at) is about $500-$1000 less than the "invoice" price.
It's still a better deal than most people get, and there is no haggling involved (unless you have a trade-in). It's nice to walk into the dealer knowing exactly what you're going to pay. :)

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
New for GM is the "we'll do what ever we can to sell you one of our POS cars..............please buy one of our cars".
What sucks is the fact that everyone who bought a GM last month just lost a few grand in book value. They just made the product worth less than it already was.
GM , Ford and chrysler need to take a step back a really evaluate where they want the compabny to go. If they want market share back then they need to build a higher quality product. GM is ready to issue a recall on crown vics, they have bad insulation that can catch fire.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I Are Baboon said:
Well you can't fault the vehicle entirely for bad drivers. My wife is very careful behind the wheel and I don't think she would ever roll her Explorer.
I understand. It's just that that particular vehicle is particularly intolerant to bad drivers, and those bad drivers won't admint they're bad drivers and buy one anyway. I'd much rather be behind a bad driver in a wide-wheelbase, low CG car than an Explorer.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I am going to buy a Ford Escape. The Escape costs (all inclusive)the dealer $20,000. Well the "plan" price for me to buy that vehicle is $19000. So I pay 19000, the dealership originally looses $1,000, but then Ford turns around and pays the dealership ~ $1100 making selling the vehicle to me (as an employee) NOT a loss.
But you still made the mistake of buying an escape.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Lexx D said:
New for GM is the "we'll do what ever we can to sell you one of our POS cars..............please buy one of our cars".
What sucks is the fact that everyone who bought a GM last month just lost a few grand in book value. They just made the product worth less than it already was.
GM , Ford and chrysler need to take a step back a really evaluate where they want the compabny to go. If they want market share back then they need to build a higher quality product. GM is ready to issue a recall on crown vics, they have bad insulation that can catch fire.
Did ya read the article? GM has been getting increasing higher quality ratings, yet as you just proved, they are still not perceived that way.

Oh ya and GM doesn't make the Crown Vic :thumb:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Toyota does have factory incentives to both customers and directly to dealers, but other then that your post was spot on :eviltongu
New toyota incentives for june range from a $300-1250 rebate(depending on vehicle) or the option of .9-3.9% apr(again depending on vehicle). We have never had the $5000 off that the domestic companies have. If I drive down the road to the chevy dealer they have a tahoe with a huge sign that says "$10,000 off" That means the guy that bought it last month just lost almost $10,000.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I've noticed that their prices have dropped a lot of the last few months. I was looking at a Silverado that was $20,900, and it was loaded pretty nice. Also, the new Colorado is a nice looking truck...

The only problem, my current Chevy truck is only 2 years old, and has had its share of problems...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Did ya read the article? GM has been getting increasing higher quality ratings, yet as you just proved, they are still not perceived that way.
:
They have higher "initial quality" ratings. Give those cars a couple years on the road. That means within the first 3 or so months of ownership the customer was happy and had few problems. That does not tell us anything about overall reliability.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
N8 said:
This coming from someone who thinks Crown Vic's are made by GM! :p:p:p
Yeah just read it in automotive weekly. They were talking about ford and gm's struggle to make a quality product. I just got confused for a second get over it.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Lexx D said:
New toyota incentives for june range from a $300-1250 rebate(depending on vehicle) or the option of .9-3.9% apr(again depending on vehicle). We have never had the $5000 off that the domestic companies have. If I drive down the road to the chevy dealer they have a tahoe with a huge sign that says "$10,000 off" That means the guy that bought it last month just lost almost $10,000.

Just a FYI... you know you cant win this argument because I know 1325443541252134 x's more about the auto industry then you do right?

You have already spouted a ton of errors in this thread :nope:

However you are correct in saying that Toyota, or other foreign manufacturers (except maybe Mitsu) do not offer as large of rebates as the Big 3, but they do offer rebate incentives, both to the customer and the dealer (which you are not seeing).

That 10,000 off is off of the MSRP, so your analogy of the guy from last month doesnt apply unless he paid MSRP (which not very many people do).

Bottom line, the Employee subsidized purchases are often not much less then what a savvy customer can do on their own, so the GM program is not much more then an advertising campaign. ie... "We will treat you like one of our own" type of deal.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Just a FYI... you know you cant win this argument because I know 1325443541252134 x's more about the auto industry then you do right?
And how do you know this. Are you sitting at a dealership or company office now? I am.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
You have already spouted a ton of errors in this thread :nope:
Wow I got a pos crown vic confused with a chevy caprice.....ohhh the horror. That really proves I know nothing about cars.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Lexx D said:
And how do you know this. Are you sitting at a dealership or company office now? I am.
assuming he's at work, he is doing just that.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Reminds me of that old saying, "How can you tell when someone who works at a car dealership is lying? Their lips are moving!"

:p

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
Reminds me of that old saying, "How can you tell when someone who works at a car dealership is lying? Their lips are moving!"

Mine arent moving, thats why they stick me in the back with these computer thingies and the #'s.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
N8 said:

HA! Yeah, and general contractors are always up front and honest with their customers. :p "It'll be ready in one month!"

:nuts:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Andyman_1970 said:
It's the 1.9 million former employee's they are paying retirement to (they only currently employ a bit over a 100k people) that's sucking them dry.
Baby boomer retirement syndrom, I expect to see this happen with other domestic companies soon. Just another reason to ship jobs overseas.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Lexx D said:

Oops I missed this. I was out to lunch, but yes I am. I am a controller for (sorry for the SPAM) www.Holmanauto.com . Prior to this I was an internal auditor. I also previously owned my own small used car dealership, and had a few years of experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car in operations, audit and the corporate office. There were also a few years for an automotive finance company, I am sure there is more, but Id have to refer to my resume. :blah: